Odd bug or fault with Miva Mia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd bug or fault with Miva Mia

I seem to be encountering a strange problem with Miva Mia version 5.20 on Windows 8.1. I've been replicate it on more than one machine (Though not consistently).

The general effect of the bug/fault is one of two things. The first is that Miva Mia works as normal and you can alter settings in the configuration menu such as paths to files, directory index names and so on and these changes will take effect. However the minute you close Mia and re-open it, the settings have been forgotten and the defaults have returned.

The other effect is that when you open Mia and change settings (Such as a different script or data folder to the default), the settings are neither saved nor do they take effect when you press the apply button. So for example you change the scripts directory to C:\mvscripts but Mia will continue to serve pages from C:\MivaMia\HTML regardless.

I've not been able to determine a reason for why Mia is doing this but as I have been able to replicate it across different machines I assume there is some Windows variable that Mia does not like, assuming it is not a bug as I do not seem to be able to replicate it on Windows 7 machines.

Any thoughts?

Re: Odd bug or fault with Miva Mia

An update. I've determined through trial and error that it has something to do with Windows UAC denying Mia the permissions it needs to save the configuration changes. Run Mia as administrator and it performs as expected. This only occurs on Windows 8.1.

Comment

Also occurs on Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
      X