Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use a Custom Module to Generate an Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use a Custom Module to Generate an Order?

Hello,

I've been working with Miva for a while now, however I've never built a module before. I'm wondering if a module would be able to perform the functionality I'm looking for...

I would like the ability to be logged in to my website (as myself, in an "admin" availability group) and have a button that will generate an order for a specific customer, based on their customer ID or the email address they used when they created their account.

So, basically, there will be a text field where I can enter their email/customer id, and a submit button.

There will be no charge for the order, so I don't need to worry about processing a payment. And this order will always contain just one product sku.

And even though I'm logged in as myself, the order should be viewable in their Order History.

Is this possible through a module?

Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Yes, this would be possible. Not easy, but possible. I'd volunteer, but we are a tad booked ATM.

You might also be able to do this without a module, but it would require a few more clicks. Basically I'm thinking about something like the following setup. (Not sure all this works).

Setup an account, then for each 'special' customer, create a new address for them in their 'Address Book'. Then, create a page that lets you add the product to the page, pull up these addresses, and then walk through the checkout screens. You could use a COD or Check payment method (or set product price to 0 with marketing rules).
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thank you for the feedback - I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X