Clauculating shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clauculating shipping

I am transforming our MMUI site using the Levels Ready Theme. I am having a problem with the shipping Estimate in the basket. When you click on the Estimate link the information fields appear properly but when you populate them and click calculate nothing happens. When I trace this I see the following:

https://test.shoppersrule.com/mm5/me...Aship_cntry=US

Error 404 (not found)

Yet when I call the BASK or SERT individually the both respond. Any thoughts as to how or where to fix this?

Make sure all the URL parameters are correct, Ship_State, etc and have a value. It is hard to fully tell because of the IP restriction but if that page is returning a 404 it may be because of that.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I also have a MMUI to CSSUI conversion and my shipping estimator on the basket page doesn't do anything when I click calculate with the State, Zip and Country inputted.

Mark

Comment

I found that to get the shipping estimator to work I have to be using URI management. I switched to it and have the shipping estimator working and was able to modify the URI templates to have the product and category pages to use my current url structure. The page links didnt work at first but the non secure ones worked after I updated my httaccess file.

The checkout button didnt work, gave a forbidden link /.html. When I looked at the URI management tab the OUSC, AFAF, ACNT and OINF screens had bad URI's, I guess because they are screens and not pages. I changed them and the checkout works but I am missing the Session_ID, what pages/Screens need to have the Session_ID appended to them, is there a list? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Mark

Comment

You should be able to just generate URIs for all pages/products/categories under URI Management -> URIs -> Generate Button

The session id is not required on any link. It will/won't show up depending on the settings you have configured under Domain Setting -> Site Configuration
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

I do have the URI's generated and the product and categories are fine. The pages for the most part also work but still dont get a session ID and the site configuration is set to include them when transitioning between secure and non secure URLs.

The problem is I have items in my cart and I am logged in, when I go to checkout it goes to the logn page, I assume because I dont have the session ID so it doesnt know I am logged in. Is it something else wrong? When the pages were generated the OINF screen just had .html for the UR so it generated an error when I clicked the checkout button, I changed it to /OINF.html should it be something else? Same with the OUSC, AFAE and ACNT screens they all had bad URI's generated.

Thanks

Mark

Comment

It seems to be working now. Unless you changed something I had items in my basket when I made the changes and may have caused the problem. I emptied the basket and started over and it seems to be fine now, with the session ID in the URL

Comment

I am having the same problem on levels when trying to use the estimate shipping on the BASK page. Is the only way to fix this to use URI Management instead of our current selection of "Legacy SEO Settings"?

Comment

Originally posted by afiumano View Post
                  I am having the same problem on levels when trying to use the estimate shipping on the BASK page. Is the only way to fix this to use URI Management instead of our current selection of "Legacy SEO Settings"?
                  Sorry to regurgitate an old thread, but I need to know the answer for this as well. The site is an existing one using Legacy SEO Settings. Yes, we want to keep Legacy SEO Settings.

Thanks,

Jamie
                  Last edited by jsdva; 08-24-18, 08:59 AM. Reason: existing site
                  Jamie Donaldson
                  JSDVS Web Design / Development
                  Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Hi Jamie,

Can you post a link to the site?
                    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
                    Alchemy Web Development
                    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
                    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
                    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Zimmermann View Post
                      Hi Jamie,

Can you post a link to the site?
                      Sorry. It is on a dev password protected. I'll send it to you.

Jamie
                      Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by jsdva View Post

Sorry. It is on a dev password protected. I'll send it to you.

Jamie
                        Just PMd you, Matt.
                        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Well, Matt saves the day as usual! He figured out how to fix the levels dev I am working on. I am going to post his fix, so that anyone else that may have the same issue is able to resolve it (with Matt's help).

On the BASK >> Shipping Estimate tab >> Per Matt: "Change the form action to &mvte:urls:SERT:auto; and remove the hidden input named Screen, that should correct the issue."

This indeed fixed the problem!

Thank you Matt!!

Jamie
                          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Matt Zimmerman, should this change be made to all levels theme stores? or just ones using legacy seo?

Comment

If the site is using the Legacy SEO or Long URLs and has not been upgraded to use URI Management, then the change may not be necessary. If the site has been updated to URI Management or has the the action of &mvte:urls:_self:rr;, then the change should be made.
                              Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
                              Alchemy Web Development
                              https://www.alchemywebdev.com
                              Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
                              Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X