Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Merchant 9 Font-icons Documented by Yates be used in Levels framework?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Merchant 9 Font-icons Documented by Yates be used in Levels framework?

Can the Merchant 9 Font-icons Documented by Ray Yates here be used in the Levels framework?
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Sure but depends what fonts you are using. I think Levels is using ElegantIcons and in case you got more loaded, you can use them too. You can check the source code and see which are loaded.
    Last edited by PCINET - Andreas; 04-28-16, 07:57 AM.
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

looks like the levels framework I just installed isn't showing the elegant icons font. I am seeing the normal character instead of the icons.

Comment

kayakbabe - I would recommend checking in developer tools to see if there is an error in loading the fonts.
        Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
        Alchemy Web Development
        https://www.alchemywebdev.com
        Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
        Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

hmm. would a miva signed cert on a dev site cause that to happen. I looked in safari dev tools and firefox and chrome and it isn't giving me any errors.
          but eleganticons isn't loading. the path to it looks right in the code.

Comment

a little more info.

I’m seeing the wrong font output for the css class [data-icon]::before in my store.
            It is displaying with the default text font so I am seeing a letter a instead of the bars icon.
            The elegant icons font is in the theme/levels/fonts/ directory.

I think my issue MIGHT have something to do with my installing the framework for elements prior to installing the framework for levels.

When i look at the web developer plugin for firefox, I can see the following that a file named icons.css as well as one named all.php are applying css.

I checked against the miva's demo for levels theme, where icons.css doesn't exit in the store's output.
            When I look at my store, the only file named icons.css is located at themes/elements/core/css/base/icons.css
            where the following is located...

@font-face {
            font-family: 'ReadyTheme Icons';
            font-style: normal;
            font-weight: normal;
            src: url('ReadyTheme.woff') format('woff');
            }

[class^="u-icon-"],
            [class*=" u-icon-"],
            [data-icon]::before {
            font-family: "ReadyTheme Icons", sans-serif;
            -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
            -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
            font-variant: normal;
            font-weight: normal;
            line-height: 1;
            speak: none;
            text-transform: none;
            }

ReadyTheme isn't a font. And icons.css isn't part of the levels theme!
            So... is there a bug in applying the levels theme?
            Can I fix this if I copy icons.css into the levels theme css folder and alter it? Will that fix this issue? Will it cause other issues?

Comment

AHA Moment! And in case anyone else comes across this... Answer is.. YES the previous framework was not completely uninstalled... elements didn't get completely replaced by Levels.
              In the User Interface:CSS Resources I saw a bunch of file pathes leading to css files in themes/element/ folder and three of theme were still active. I changed to inactive and all is fixed. That took me seven hours (with some breaks working on other stuff and dinner) to figure out. What a P.I.T.A! This is my first time digging into the Levels Framework. And even to play with the elements too.
              Last edited by kayakbabe; 02-08-18, 07:56 PM.

Comment

How would I test if we have that same problem on our site?
                Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
                X