Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I remove the phone number from global header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I remove the phone number from global header?

Okay, I give up after 35 minutes. Where can I remove the phone number from global header?

Finally, is there a way someone new to this platform can easily tell what is coming from where, maybe by looking at the source code?

Maybe an on/off option that would automatically wrap each admin field with a HTML comment:

Example:

<!-- START: [ADMIN-BREADCRUMB > [FIELD-NAME] -->Code<!-- END: [ADMIN-BREADCRUMB > [FIELD-NAME] -->

Something is better than nothing.
    Last edited by William Davis; 05-03-16, 06:00 AM.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

The phone number uses this variable:

&mvt:global:store:phone;

This pulls the phone number form Store Setting -> Owner Tab
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hello William

I am not sure if you are using a ReadyTheme but if you are the phone number should be in the Global Header
      Home > User Interface > Settings
      Scroll down to the Global Header section and look for
      <span data-icon="&#xe090;" class="service-link-phone"></span> Need Help? Call Us &mvt:global:store:phone;<span class="breadcrumb-border">|</span>

Maybe you can send me the link to your site if you are not using a Readytheme
      Happie Mendenhall
      Support Technician
      Miva, Inc.

Comment

Thanks!
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
          Okay, I give up after 35 minutes. Where can I remove the phone number from global header?

Finally, is there a way someone new to this platform can easily tell what is coming from where, maybe by looking at the source code?

Maybe an on/off option that would automatically wrap each admin field with a HTML comment:

Example:

<!-- START: [ADMIN-BREADCRUMB > [FIELD-NAME] -->Code<!-- END: [ADMIN-BREADCRUMB > [FIELD-NAME] -->

Something is better than nothing.

That, along with being able to search for any SMT item or set of words in EVERY managed template and clean up the History for managed templates is what our Template GPS module does. And the 35 minutes you just spent (plus however long you had to wait for a response from the forum) would have easily paid for it. So, before you spend another 30 minutes, perhaps you should get it?
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

Thanks for pointing out the benefits of that module. This is a long shot on my part, but can it by chance find carriage returns, in say product headers/footers?

Comment

you mean the ascii values? or \r\n values? The later yes, the former no...
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
              X