Adding Video to products page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Video to products page

Is there a way to edit the admin interface for the Product ADD page so that I can make an input field show up where I can paste a link from Youtube or Vimeo, preferrably an imput box for the code? I seem to recall in the older versions of Miva you could do this with Custom Fields but in ver 9, custom fields seems to only refer to assigning image types.

If this is possible, I would then like to add onto the PROD layout something that if the checkbox is selected, it would automatically add a tabbed feature above the description that would show "Video" and when selected, the video would be playable.
    So....."If video is selected, then install code that would add the tab and embed the video format code". If no selection then it would be dismissed entirely and the normal description page would be shown with no change.

I would actually like to add a couple more tabs as well, if this one could be done then the others should be easy as well.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Kent
    www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Certainly, just create a custom field for the video URL, and then test for that fields contents, and if present, wrap it in the appropriate display parameter. For example

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:customfield_values:custom fields:video">
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src=&mvte:product:customfield_values:customfields: video;" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    </mvt:if>
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Custom product fields can still be used for this along with the proper tab setup.

Comment

Just re-read the message...if you want the video in a tab, just include the tab formatting inside the mvt:if
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will try this out.
          Kent
          www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Working...
          X