Possible to have CTGY image not show on PROD page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to have CTGY image not show on PROD page

In a dev store we just installed Levels and I have a question on CTGY images.

Our product is a Widget. Our Widget has 2 colors: Blue and Red.

We setup a parent product and using attributes, we setup a Dropdown Swatch for each color (blue and red). We generated the inventory variants and now have 3 products:

widget
    widget_blue (inactive)
    widget_red (inactive)

Each widget color has 2 images, front and back. So I went into each inactive product variant, and added 2 images to each (front and back).

Everything on the PROD page seems to be working:
    - We have the 2 color swatches
    - We have it where it loads the blue widget by default and you see 2 thumbnails to the left of the large image (front and back for blue)
    - We have it where if you choose the red swatch, the large image switches and you see the 2 red thumbnails

Ok perfect so far. However, there is no image shown on the category listings.

To do this, we would have to add a product shot to the parent product and give it the image type of Main. This adds this image at the category image for the product. However, it also places this image at the top of the thumbnail list on the PROD page.

QUESTION: Is there anyway around this? We don't want that image shown on the PROD page.

Guessing all Legacy Image code has been stripped out of the Levels theme? (as neither of those fields show on the page).

Thanks!

-Kevin

Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
    Lancer Media, Inc.

The easiest way to get what you want is to not use main for the master product image and instead add a "front" image type to the master product. The on category you can select this image to show. On PROD, as long as you have attributes selected by default (no select ones in the drop downs), Miva will load the selected variant on page load and automaticaly replace the "font" image on the master with the "font" image of the variant selected. This makes it so the master product "front" image never will get displayed on PROD.

Another want to do this if you don't want to have images at all on the mater product is to setup Image Machine at the category level. This will allow Miva to get the variant image and display it on the category page.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      The easiest way to get what you want is to not use main for the master product image and instead add a "front" image type to the master product. The on category you can select this image to show. On PROD, as long as you have attributes selected by default (no select ones in the drop downs), Miva will load the selected variant on page load and automaticaly replace the "font" image on the master with the "font" image of the variant selected. This makes it so the master product "front" image never will get displayed on PROD.

Another want to do this if you don't want to have images at all on the mater product is to setup Image Machine at the category level. This will allow Miva to get the variant image and display it on the category page.
      Brennan,

Thanks for the response. First, does the image type have to be named "front" or can I name it "category"?

So I think I did what you suggested. I created a new image type called "category". I then added 1 image to the master product and assigned it to the "category" image type. I then went into the CTGY template and because I'm in Advanced mode - I had to change the code to:

<mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:imagetypes:category">
      <mvt:assign name="l.settings:product:src" value="l.settings:product:imagetypes:category" />
      <mvt:else>
      <mvt:assign name="l.settings:product:src" value="g.theme_path $ '/images/img_no_thumb.jpg'" />
      </mvt:if>

This allowed the new "category" image to show on the CTGY page.

However, it's still showing that image on the PROD page in the thumbs. I have just the 1 attribute on the master product which is a Swatch Dropdown list. It has two options: Blue and Red. This attribute is required and used for inventory. I have the Blue color selected as "Yes" for Default.

Did I need to do something to the PROD template?

-Kevin
      Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

EDIT:

Brennan thanks again for the post. The part I originally missed was where I needed to assign the same image in the variant products as "Front" as well. When I do that, this works. I only see the 2 images on the PROD page.

Also, wouldn't this work the same by just using the "Main" image type for both the master product and the first image of the variant? Seems like you said, if the master product has a "Main" image assigned and you assign a "Main" image for one of the color variants, then the PROD page doesn't show the "Main" image twice.

-Kevin
        Last edited by lancermedia; 02-22-17, 08:08 AM.
        Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X