Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: "Timeout processing POST data" after updating to 9.52 using Edit This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: "Timeout processing POST data" after updating to 9.52 using Edit This!

We updated to 9.52 and have made several attempts at updating the templates as described to our Suivant Ready Theme. While attempting to change the first file using Phosphor Media | Edit This! the Miva processor shows a spinning dial and then after about 15 seconds I receive the error "Timeout processing POST data" . I have made several attempts with the same result on different files. Does anyone else use Edit This! to make manual template updates after installing Miva 9.52 update provided at github? Is this a bug? Or does Edit This! not work with 9.52? Any help and advise from you, Miva or Phosphor would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Currently running:
    Miva Merchant 9.00052
    MivaScript Engine v5.23
    Database API: mysql
    Last edited by 1873Peacemaker; 02-03-16, 04:21 PM. Reason: added tags
    Kristin Park

You say you are modifying 'Templates'. Merchant 'Templates' are not text files and therefore cannot be edited by Edit This! If you are referring to modifying CSS/PHP/Javascript/jQuery files, there might possibly be a "lockfile" issue if your site was super busy. Can you tell me, for example, the exact file you are trying to modify?
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Kristin: I know it seems easier to just post here, but if you submit a support ticket from within the module, it sends us:
      1. Any error messages, including our own
      2. A great deal of information about your store setup AND the internal state of the module
      Gordon Currie

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hello Bruce and Gordon, thank you for your replies. I will send a support ticket from within the module. I was trying to make the edits to the fonts.css file, I also tried the pages.css file with the same error resulting. I do not believe our site was too busy (i wish that were the case). I had also already opened a support ticket with our host who said they had not seen this error before and asked for the steps I used which I provided. They are still trouble shooting it.I will send a support ticket from within the mod to you now to see if you can identify the problem (i am not sure at all if it is a mod issue or not. Thanks again.
        Kristin Park

Comment

I just submitted a support ticket from within the module. Thank you in advance for your support.
          Kristin Park

Comment

Kristin: we didn't receive anything today. This might indicate there are serious problems. Can you contact us directly?
            Gordon Currie

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thank you for letting me know you did not receive my support ticket. I will send information direct through email. Thank you.
              Last edited by 1873Peacemaker; 02-05-16, 07:59 AM.
              Kristin Park

Comment

After a couple weeks of hard troubleshooting and support we are not able to fix this issue. The tech support at Phosphor and our host was great but neither could replicate the problem I am having which is a time out error that is occurring apparently ONLY from my machine.

btw, I can connect to any website, make purchases, submit forms, download files etc but for some reason on this earth, I am not able to save the updates to the css files from within Miva admin using the mod. It is very odd. Anyway, I wanted to thank the tech support crews at both Phosphor and dotcomhost for troubleshooting and offering advise. If anyone else has any ideas I am open to trying... .
                Kristin Park

Comment

I was asked to see if I could connect on my laptap through a different network to see if I could make changes to the files. I was able to save changes to the css files using another network. it seems to be a problem with our network configuration which we are in the process of trouble shooting.
                  Kristin Park

Comment

Wanted to update. We reconfigured our entire network to "start over" and the same issue "Timeout processing POST data" still exists on our attempts to change the files using the mod.
                    Kristin Park

Comment

Working...
                    X