bootstrap carousel in readytheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bootstrap carousel in readytheme?

I am attempting to use a bootsrap carousel in the Suivant readytheme.
    But, the bootsrap css overrides stuff - specifically the content in the global footer (on the sfnt page)

So - I put it before the css.php and still no good. Its as if the readytheme CSS simply does not over ride what the bootstrap is setting.

Can this be done? I had thought Suivant was bootstrap, but I guess not.....

Any alternatives?
    (FYI - I am not using this to display products, but rather custom images.)
    William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
    www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

First, CSS cascades down. If you have .foo { margin:12px} in the first style sheet, and then .foo {margin:18px} the margin of .foo should be 18px.

Secondly, If you are using the carousel on a specific page, and that page is using a body css tag (like <body class="WHEEE"> you can preface all the rules for the carousel with .WHEEE, as in .WHEEE .someFancyFont { font-family: 'RegalScript'}

That way, the overrides shouldn't be an issue.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Suivant does not use the bootstrap framework (it has its own), so adding bootstrap elements to Suivant is going to be problematic.

However, Suivant has its own built in slider. It uses a 3rd party carousel plugin called slick (http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/). Is there a reason that one does not work?
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan, is the Slick carousel built into the Iron and wool theme?
        Andrew Rowsom
        S.T. Preston & Son inc.
        www.prestons.com

Comment

Working...
        X