Toolkit vglosub question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toolkit vglosub question

Does anyone know if the EP Toolkit vglosub function be used to replace the entire value of a local variable instead of just a substring?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul

ah, can you frame that statement as a question? :)

in other words, what are you Trying to do?

I mean, it could....but you'd probably just want to do something like

<mvt:assign name="g.theVariableName" value="'Its Now Something Else'" />
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Although I thought I did ask a question, thanks for the suggestion on mvt:assign. I forgot that this was introduced into morph until after my original question was posted. I actually used that solution earlier this morning with success.

What I'm actually trying to do is update the shipping method prices for all the methods in the array at the OSEL page. While I am able to update the values using mvt:assign, I can't seem to figure out how the selected shipping method's price value is passed to the OPAY page. I figured it would be pulled from the array, but I was mistaken.
      Paul

Comment

oh don't mind me...having one of those mornings...but i do encourage folks to ask "how do i get this result" and not "how to do this thing I'm doing" cause often times the answers are different, and so are the outcomes (i.e., you don't get the result you want).
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

No problem. Any ideas on my second paragraph describing what I'm trying to do?
          Paul

Comment

Ah, well, unfortunately it's not easy to get there from here. Any 'price' related data shown on the front side of miva is there as a 'read' only value. The actual value that gets loaded into the database is pulled anew based on the selections a customer makes. You'd need to use Marketing rules (if possible) or possibly some heavy duty SMT scripting.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks. That's what I figured. I'm trying to figure out where it pulls this information before saving it to the basket_charges table. Is it recalculating it after submitting the OSEL form or is there a temporary table that holds the values calculated when OSEL opens? Maybe it would be better to update this on the OPAY page.

Paul

Comment

A bit of both, you'd have detect the need to change OSEL, but process it on OPAY. There is an additional problem here in that you'd have to also repeat the local frontside pricing shown on OPAY as the OPAY data has already been constructed and output to the page based on the original values of OSEL. The only workaround would be to do the Basket Charge table changes as an ajax call, probably attached to the action of making the shipping selection. This type of thing better accomplished with a module as modules let you make changes 'in between' pages.

Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                X