Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIVA API Order lookup

HI,

Just beginning to play with the MIVA API to display previous order information on the Account overview page. These 2 functions look very useful, but I'm unclear as to what the "order var" parameter is:

<mvt:do file="g.Module_Root $ '/modules/component/cmp-cssui-vieworder.mvc'" name="l.success" value="Order_Load_Lookup(bill_email, bill_zip, order_id, order var)" />

<mvt:do file="g.Module_Library_DB" name="l.success" value="Order_Load_Last(order var)" />

Also, to display the results of these calls, do I mvt out the order:value? Then if I wanted to display information of the products (url, thumbnail, etc) in that order, would i need to look that up separately, or can that be done from the return results directly? many thanks for any help.

best,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul.oreilly; 11-16-16, 03:39 PM.

order is a structure containing data about a Miva Merchant order.
    var is a parameter modifier indicating that the order variable passed in can be altered by the function.

The function takes an order ID (order_id) and loads all related data of that Miva Merchant order into the order structure variable, where you can now reference and use the related data.
    Gordon Currie
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks for clarifying Gordon.

It looks like those functions are for orders across the store, so Order_Load_Last() returns everything about the latest oder placed, not the latest order for a given customer.

So, my misunderstanding, unless that function accepts a customer ID that would return that customers last order, but I could not get that to work.

thanks for your help though,
      Paul

Comment

You could use OrderList_Load_Customer( cust_id, orders var)

You would need to select the LAST order (pretty easy since it is sorted by ascending order ID).
        Gordon Currie
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X