Miva Coupons - More user Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Coupons - More user Friendly

We are on Sebenza's Ultimate coupons and would like to move over to the built in coupons but it seems like it's such a hassle to create a coupon.

Our wish is that Miva coupons has a friendlier user interface like the old Sebenza module where in 5 seconds you could enter the coupon code, discount percentage etc and have a live coupon. If I want a coupon that will take 10% off something, I should have to type 10% on the coupon creation page and that's it. Why is the process so complicated?

Our other wish is that Miva coupons allows you to exclude products from a coupon.
    Last edited by Foreman2; 01-29-16, 08:28 AM.

We are still on Weiland's Coupon Redemption module, but also thinking about migrating over to the built-in coupons. Haven't tried it out yet, but seriously - you can't exclude products (i.e. via wildcard) on the Miva solution? That would be a deal-breaker for us!
    Bronson Design Studio, LLC
    Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

We had a "quick coupon" module on the books that would use the built in functionality but built a lightning fast UI for specific occasions such as the ones discussed, but alas, couldn't find enough store owners who value their time. Perhaps one day, Miva will get around to building something like this. Conceptually, it was building a "coupon template" for which you then had single interface to call the template, change, for example the code and amount, and your done. So, if you had product exclusions, price group exclusions etc etc, those are already IN via the template.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I, too, am still using the Emporium Plus module. It's much easier to set up coupons than the Miva functionality, but it also provides reporting which is essential to me. When I run a promotion, I need to know how many times the coupon code has been used, the dollar value of the sales generated, and the total discount amount of the coupon code to be able to evaluate ROI. From the little I have examined the built in Miva module, I haven't seen that this information is available as readily as it is with the Emporium Plus module.
        Todd Gibson
        Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Do you think it's worth switching from the Sebenza Ultimate Coupons module to the Emporium Plus coupon module?
          Last edited by Foreman2; 02-08-16, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I haven't used the Sebenza module, so I can't say. I know Sebenza modules aren't supported any longer, so that might argue for making the move. Personally, I would like to move all my third-party module functionality over to native functionality when new things are added to the Miva core platform. I think that's the best approach for the long term. So moving from one non-supported third-party module to another third-party module that's sort of in a state of limbo (as far as I know Miva isn't updating the Emporium Plus module any longer) rather than going to the native Miva functionality isn't really a good strategic move for the longer term. But there could be reasons why moving makes sense from a tactical perspective.

For what it's worth, I've been on the Emporium Plus coupon module for years, and I've been happy with it. It does what it's supposed to do, it's easy to use, and it gives me the analytics I need. Longer term I would like to go to a native Miva coupon functionality, but I'm holding off for the time being because of what I wrote above.
            Last edited by oliverands; 02-13-16, 12:09 AM.
            Todd Gibson
            Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Anyone who expects Miva's (or any systems') built in functionality to properly handle THEIR unique business needs all the time, is well, overly optimistic at best. So, yea. If the built in functionality is appropriate, it should be leveraged. However, if you are constantly working 'around' a built in feature, it might be time to look outside.

Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
              X