Automatic Updates option requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Updates option requested

We had a dev store last year that we rarely used, and when we did use it, it was only via ftp ( we did not use the admin interface). We did not realize that we were being charged every month for non-compliance in this dev store. We recently asked if there was an option to turn on automatic updates for a new dev store I had created. I was told no. The other 4 shopping carts that I currently utilize do not require the customer to run manual updates.

And in Miva, if the updates aren't run manually, Miva charges their customers $50 - $100 a month with no warning that a store is approaching a non-compliance deadline.

I appreciate that we have the option to not run updates immediately so we can vet the changes before installing them. However, I believe that an automatic update option should be available if Miva is going to randomly and without warning charge a monetary punishment for not running the updates.

That's on my list for V10. However I've found economic incentives are the best way to get people to take action.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Your comment is indicative of Miva's attitude toward it's customers. Miva is not customer-focused. Miva is about Miva. My post details the fact that your "incentive" did not work - unless your incentive is only to improve Miva's bottom line without concern for your customers' needs.

E-commerce business owners are busy. They should not have to spend time on manually running basic shopping cart updates. I have used 5 other shopping cart platforms and none require the manual maintenance that Miva does. And NONE charge customers punishment fees.

Unbelievable.
      Last edited by lovemybubbles; 05-03-16, 04:30 AM.

Comment

You and I have been around and around on this topic, both directly and via Anthony. The fact that I'm here answering you, essentially proves your statement wrong. You may not like our policy and yes I agree we'll add an auto-update feature in the future (which has it's own risks and can bring a site down, by the way, remember that when it ends up hurting your business and you're mad about that).

We refund fees if you upgrade in a timely manner, so to suggest I don't care about my customers is offensive to me personally.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X