URI Management Template History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URI Management Template History

It would be great to be able to save the changes to the URI Management Page, Category, and Product templates the same as other pages within Miva. I have found that I have used several template changes to generate Normal, Canonical, and Redirects and I'd live to save those bits of code for future use.

Are you modifying the template then generating the URIS you need the changing it back to normal/ something else?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yes, exactly. I am not only setting up 301 redirects for my dev site, which is going live soon, but also updating to a new link structure similar to Legacy SEO. So I have a combination of 301 redirects, canonical, and normal links for each product page. Also, once I've changed the template code, I don't have access to the original code that was available in the URI management by default. So I've had to search the forums for the code that makes the slugified link versions. It would be handy to save previous template changes like you can on other pages within the admin.

Thanks,
      Shannon

Comment

A couple other things to add that would be nice for the URI interface... this time the URI tab on the Product pages.

I click the "+" sign to add a URI on a product page. Once I enter the new link and hit the enter key, that entry is saved but it also automatically starts a new blank entry. This is a pain if I only need to create one, which is most of the time. I wish it wouldn't automatically assume I want to add another URI.

Also, it would be nice to be able to sort the URIs by Type on both the Product pages URI tab and in the URI Management URI tab, so that I can see all the Normal and Redirects grouped with like types and not scattered depending on the URI path name. It would help in finding any mis-"typed" links.

Comment

Working...
        X