Module to assign orders to accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Module to assign orders to accounts

I have used the Miva Consolidate Customers module to, well, consolidate customer accounts in my store. It's a simple module that does one thing and does it well.

I would love to see a similar module developed that identifies orders that are not assigned to a customer account, examines the Bill To email address for each order, and automatically assigns the order to an account if an account exists with that same email address.

Every so often, I'll do a manual add to account for a customer and I see that a customer with half a dozen purchases over the years will have, perhaps, two assigned to the account and four that are not. It would be nice to be able to have something to run once or twice a year to do this automatically across all orders.
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

I'd vote for this as well. We haven't always used customer accounts, so we have customers who have recent orders assigned to their account but older orders that are not. We also have the issue of customers who simply don't always log in. I've gone through on occasion to manually assign these orders, but it's a tedious and extremely slow process to do one at a time, so I never get very far.

Comment

You'd really need this to be a tool the customer can use. For example, when they log into their account, you do a search for "orphan orders" that match their shipping/billing email. Then present these to the customer and ask if they want to include them as part of their account. We've actually done this with basically just SMT code (but can't remember off hand which site this was for). So, it is doable in this way.

Doing it on your own from the admin might not be a good idea as there may be reasons the customer didn't choose to use their account on that order.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thank you Miva! I just noticed the new, free module available to do this.

For those of you wanting to match orphaned orders to accounts, you can now download, install, and use this:

http://apps.miva.com/match-customer-orders.html

I've run it and now over 7000 orders in my store not associated with an account have been paired with customer accounts.
        Todd Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by oliverands View Post
          Thank you Miva! I just noticed the new, free module available to do this.

For those of you wanting to match orphaned orders to accounts, you can now download, install, and use this:

http://apps.miva.com/match-customer-orders.html

I've run it and now over 7000 orders in my store not associated with an account have been paired with customer accounts.
          Pretty sure you are safe on your site Todd, but, just want to re-assert a caution that depending on your site and clientele...doing this un-asked MIGHT cause some issues...for example, you run a jewelry site...and someone is buying for more than one, ah, friend.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yes, for my site and my product set this isn't an issue at all. But it could be for others. So, like Bruce says, make sure you understand the implications before using this module in your store....

But, for me, having orders consolidated under accounts like this is going to provide a time savings and a customer-service benefit. We shouldn't now have to deal with as many customer queries about why they can't find some of their past orders.
            Todd Gibson

Comment

Working...
            X