Mobile Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Apps

Would be nice if Miva could develop a base mobile app for Android and IOS that integrates with a web Miva store and could be customized by a developer. Or even if they offered it as a professional service.

Any other suggestions from anyone who has an App for their store?
    Last edited by Foreman2; 07-28-16, 09:58 AM.

Out of curiosity, what are you hoping to accomplish with an app versus a mobile-optimized website? What incentive or value will the app offer your customers that will make them want to download it? I'm not trying to discourage you from doing it, but I'm legitimately curious to know how others approach this. We considered an app a while back, but decided against it.

Comment

Actually, the differences are getting more minimal as mobile devices leverage more browser capabilities, though the basic advantage would be a smoother, more controllable UX for customers.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by joshpappas View Post
        Out of curiosity, what are you hoping to accomplish with an app versus a mobile-optimized website? What incentive or value will the app offer your customers that will make them want to download it? I'm not trying to discourage you from doing it, but I'm legitimately curious to know how others approach this. We considered an app a while back, but decided against it.
        Just using the Amazon or Walmart App, here are some of the benefits we see:
        -Notify customers when an order has shipped
        -Notify customers of new products, sales, or promotions
        -Improved UX
        -Valuable real estate on phone reminding customer we exist

Notifications are the biggest benefit IMO.

Last edited by Foreman2; 08-04-16, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X