Custom Shipping Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Shipping Method

Combining shipping methods is a bit of a thorn for us right now and I was wondering about adding a Custom Shipping Method to Miva's native shipping options? A shell of sorts that would allow nesting of existing methods in a sort of logic tree.

The way I imagine it is a sort of SELECT CASE structure (with drop downs to pick from your created shipping methods, and to assign categories or individual products) which some programming languages have.

So

IF (products/category=BOLLARDS)
    USE Bollard Shipping (quantity based shipping)
    IF (products = ATEP-001, ATEP-006, HMR-221)
    USE Special Tools (flat rate)
    ELSE Standard Shipping (Price Based)

so in a cart if I have limited shipping options and have Bollards, Special Tools and some other items in the cart it would return one combined price for all items in the cart.

So if you had several special products with different flat rates for example, this would allow you to create a custom shipping flat rate 'tree', with different flat rates for special products and return a single flat rate total, or you could mix methods as in my first example.

You could also have it use a 3rd party option as one of the choices but the native Miva methods, (price,qty,flatrate, weight) where it isn't using an API to go out to Fedex, UPS etc then this should be reasonably fast correct?

Hope this makes sense - it does in my head anyway.

Working...
X