Ability to Sort Products by Entry Date (Newest First) on a Category Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to Sort Products by Entry Date (Newest First) on a Category Level

Currently the only way to sort the product display by newest first on some categories and by manual sort order on other categories is to create and assign different ALT-CTGY pages. It would be great if "Entry Date" could be added to the Sort Products options, so that specific categories' product display could be sorted by Newest > Oldest while others could be sorted by a manually assigned order.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
    Currently the only way to sort the product display by newest first on some categories and by manual sort order on other categories is to create and assign different ALT-CTGY pages. It would be great if "Entry Date" could be added to the Sort Products options, so that specific categories' product display could be sorted by Newest > Oldest while others could be sorted by a manually assigned order.
    I brought the issue once to old man Weiland. I wanted to date and time stamp when a product was entered and modified for several good reasons. One of them is that product feeds feeds, improved product page search engine indexing, probably less bandwidth used by search engine spiders, Change Management, etc... The old man came up with a neat solution using MIVA's custom product fields and Tool Kit "lastupdate". Once that is implemented, you should be able to accomplish what you want to as well. Refer to Tool Kit document Admin > Home > Utility Settings > Emporium Plus Tool Kits > 102 "lastupdate" (resourceful old man).
    Last edited by William Davis; 09-20-16, 09:42 AM.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll look into that. I should have known... Bill did everything!
      Psydde Delicious
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Now that Product Creation and Product Update timestamps are available in 9.7, I'm curious if product sorting by date created/updated could happen natively on the category level?
        Psydde Delicious
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Hi Delcorsets

I have added a bug to implement this feature request.

-Eric
          Eric Foresman
          Software Tester
          Miva Merchant
          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X