Category Link as a Product Item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Category Link as a Product Item

I sell stamp albums and stamps. When I visitor to my site is looking at the listing, for example, of Great Britain Stamp Albums, I would then like them to have the option of clicking a link to go to my listing of Great Britain stamps, but only after then have reviewed all of the album, so I do not want to put a banner up top as a subcategory, and it is not a sub-category of the Great Britain Albums anyway.

So I have three rows of three products each, and the third 'product' on the third row is a link to the Great Britain Stamps Category, but appears, in terms of graphics and size box to be another product. No trickery here, it will be clearly noted as I expect visitors will like to see the link and follow it.

Bob MacLachlan
    iHobb.com

i have the same problem, could someone help

Comment

Well this is a workaround I used once, and as I am not an expert it may not be a good way to handle this. Perhaps someone will chime in if you are courting disaster listening to me.

What I have done in the past is create a product called say

Great Britain Stamps

then create a page to redirect it ie. Redirect-GreatBritanStamps

I used tool kit then but Miva may have a native way as paste this in the redirect page

<mvt:item name="toolkit" param="headeroutput|Status|301 Moved Permanently" />
      <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="headeroutput|Location|//www.yoursite.com/path-to-great-britain-stamp-category.html" />

then on your Great Britain Stamps 'product' set the Alternate Display Page to your redirect page.

PS. Since the price on this product would be 0.00 you might have to work a solution for that as well.

Comment

A link in the category footer seems like it would do this for you. Or, you could just add something like this right after the "Product Listing" item in the category template:

Code:
        <mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="Category_Load_Code( g.Category_Code, l.settings:current_category )" />
        <mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Library_DB" value="CategoryList_Load_Parent( l.settings:current_category:id, l.settings:sub_categories )" /> 

<mvt:foreach iterator="subcat" array="sub_categories">
         <mvt:if expr="l.settings:sub_categories:active">

<a href="&mvt:subcat:code;.html">&mvt:subcat:name;</a>

</mvt:foreach>
        You'd need to change the href to match the link style of the site.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X