Link to customer record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to customer record

Here's an easy one that it would be nice to have in a future release. Currently, on the order processing screen in admin, if the order has been placed by a customer with an account in the store the customer's account information shows at the top of the screen along with an Edit button that lets you assign a different customer account to the order. It would be really handy to have a View Account button there too which would take you directly to the customer's record to allow you to make changes to the information on the account and view other orders.
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

You can do that by passing the billing email and Billing Zip in the URL along with the screen value of ORDH. I.e, http://www.someplace.com/mm5/merchan..._BillZip=90210
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Todd, I'm not sure I follow?
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Here are a couple screen grabs that should explain.

Order.jpg is the top of the Order screen. The Edit button here will allow me to assign this order to a different customer account. It would be really nice to have a button next to that one that says View Account. When clicked this would take me to the Edit Customer screen for that customer (Customer.jpg) so that I can quickly see details of this customer's account and access all her past orders.

I often find myself looking at an order and needing to reference the customer account. Rather than being able to do that in one click now, I need to copy the account name from the top of the order page, navigate to the Customers section in admin, paste the account name into the search box, and then open the account from the search results. All the info to jump straight to the account is there on the order page (like Bruce says). So a button to jump straight to the account from the order should be pretty easy to add.
        Todd Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by oliverands View Post
          Here are a couple screen grabs that should explain.

Order.jpg is the top of the Order screen. The Edit button here will allow me to assign this order to a different customer account. It would be really nice to have a button next to that one that says View Account. When clicked this would take me to the Edit Customer screen for that customer (Customer.jpg) so that I can quickly see details of this customer's account and access all her past orders.

I often find myself looking at an order and needing to reference the customer account. Rather than being able to do that in one click now, I need to copy the account name from the top of the order page, navigate to the Customers section in admin, paste the account name into the search box, and then open the account from the search results. All the info to jump straight to the account is there on the order page (like Bruce says). So a button to jump straight to the account from the order should be pretty easy to add.
          Can you please keep us posted once you figured out a solution?
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Wouldn't this do what you want?

Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

No, that's not quite it. I would like to see both those functions there: the ability to assign the order to a different customer account AND the ability to view the account of the customer who placed the order.

The current edit button allows you to assign a different customer account to the order. I have actually used that in the past--not often, but it's a good feature to have available. But I would also like to be able to jump straight to the current customer's customer account to view all the information I have available on that customer.
              Todd Gibson

Comment

Todd,

Thanks for the heads up, yes that kind of thing is on our roadmap.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                X