Faceted search filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faceted search filters

I want to be able to show filters for custom fields on the product listing screens to narrow the customers searches. BigCommerce can do this right out of the box. Does Miva have this option available yet?

AFAIK Big Commerce Enterprise has this out of the box (not their normal product) and it's severely limited, to only 300 total options displayed.

There are a number of ways to achieve it with Miva today, using Power Search, SearchSpring, Unbxd and others.

It will be built in to 9.7 (in a few months) without the limitations you see on platforms like Big Commerce and included in all of our tiers, not just Enterprise.

The cheapest way to do it today though depending on how big your data set it, is to to use Power Search.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

That's great news Rick! I can wait a few months for the built in. Thanks!

Comment

Thumbs up on this feature from us as well. The ability to filter by vendor, ADA compliance, Energy Saving and a host of other possibilities has been on our wish list for a while.

Comment

How will this compare with third party options like SearchSpring and UnBxd in terms of search relevancy and results? I know that built-in search is pretty basic in that it only searches code, name and description. We have over 200,000 skus, with a ton of data. Would love to be on the beta for this.

Comment

We're not doing a public beta on this, but if you want your data used as an internal test set, you can email me.

We're not trying to compete with third party saas search solutions, so I'm not sure what you mean. They will be more powerful than this, since they charge a premium and are a stand alone service. This is designed for the other 95% who don't usually need the power of those services.

We should be fine with your data set size though, we're certainly testing bigger than that.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick,
              Do you know if the new Miva search will feature anything like the Power Search <!-- miva_nodisplay //--> tag?

Comment

Working...
              X