Opt out Price Group from Predictive Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opt out Price Group from Predictive Pricing

We would like the option to exclude a price group from the predictive pricing that gets displayed to the customer. In particular, we regularly get calls, emails, and reviews from customers who are confused by the way volume discount pricing is displayed. We have a product that has a volume discount starting with a quantity of 2, so after they add one to their cart, the product page shows the discounted price for 2, and they wonder why they aren't getting this lower price. We can explain it to them when they call, but the fact that it requires so much explaining means that this needs to be handled differently.

So, these customers who see the 'Price Group' price, don't qualify for that price? Then why are they in that Price Group? What requirements are there to get the price? In other words, why not just assign those that do qualify to that Price Group. Sorry, realize that I'm on my first cup of coffee ATM.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

This is an "all customers" discount that's available, but it's based on volume. Yes, the customer qualifies for that price, but they don't take advantage of the discount until they add the item to their cart again. People just get confused because they see an advertised sale price that's different from what's currently in their cart.

For instance:
      Customer visits the site, adds an item to their cart for $30. They do some additional browsing around, then notice that the same product now shows a sale for $25. They want that sale price, so they remove from their cart and try to add again, but now the sale price is gone. Or they call us and say, "I see this sale price for $25 but it's not there when I try to add it to my cart!" Or they leave a review at checkout saying the site didn't give them the lower price. We can explain this to them, but for volume discounts, it's just confusing.

It becomes a customer service issue because we have to field calls about it, or respond to customers to confirm that they want to keep the order with us even without the discount, etc.

Comment

Ok, now I understand. I think you need some better messaging. Perhaps, if a qualifying product is in the basket, you can promote buying more to save money, and also explain (maybe on product page) that you can either add 2 at once to get the discount or add an ADDITIONAL one. (I get it that most customers don't know that if they add a product to the basket, it will update the existing product in the basket.)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

That has been discussed, but we're afraid of cluttering up the page to clarify something that we'd rather not have to explain. In many industries, what you describe is preferable because you entice the customer to buy more. In our situation, it's only a discount for buying more of the same item, and it's being used for situations where you would only need a fixed number, so there's no point buying more than you need.

We do publish the volume discount pricing table on the product page, and include a "Volume Discounts Available" tag on the category listing where applicable.

Comment

See this thread, I think it has the solution your looking for where the volume pricing does not change based on what is in the cart:

http://www.miva.com/forums/forum/onl...mically/page2=
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan,
              We're already using that solution and it's very helpful for the volume pricing table, but my concern is the main display price. The very last post in that thread references this same concern. Does that make sense?

Josh

Comment

Working...
              X