Can't Send PM - Message Box Full, Can't Delete My Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Send PM - Message Box Full, Can't Delete My Messages

How do you delete messages in your inbox / pm box. I tried using the Select and Delete in my control panel but they messages remain.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Perhaps you need to empty trash; try going to the trash folder, select all, delete permanently.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Ok tried that...still can't send a PM..
      "
      You have reached your stored private message quota of 100 messages. You have 112 messages saved combined in your private message folders. You cannot send any further messages until space has been created.
      "
      Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I don't have enough messages to test this but perhaps try to use the Move option to send them to a user created folder and see if you can delete them there? In any case sounds like a bug.

Comment

I set your limit to 120, please delete some messages now as you'll hit the limit again. I think this is a bug in vbulletin where you can't delete if you're over quota, and you likely went over quota as a result of the upgrade/import of the data.
          David Hubbard
          CIO
          Miva
          [email protected]
          http://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
            I set your limit to 120, please delete some messages now as you'll hit the limit again. I think this is a bug in vbulletin where you can't delete if you're over quota, and you likely went over quota as a result of the upgrade/import of the data.
            I have the same problem.
            Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Bruce - I show you have 227 messages, with 152 of them being in Sent Items. Have you tried to delete the items in Sent? If you have and you are OK with me deleting All your Private Messages, I can through the Admin.

William - I show you have 103 Private Messages, which is under the limit set for you, what issue are you having?

The Private Message limits were in place before the upgrade, I think there may have been a bug in the previous version that allowed you to go over, and now the newer version has that bug fixed.
              Doug Borowski
              Director of IT | Miva

Comment

Well I could delete some of them now...the last two pages of messages will not delete...sigh...
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Borowski View Post
                  Bruce - I show you have 227 messages, with 152 of them being in Sent Items. Have you tried to delete the items in Sent? If you have and you are OK with me deleting All your Private Messages, I can through the Admin.

William - I show you have 103 Private Messages, which is under the limit set for you, what issue are you having?

The Private Message limits were in place before the upgrade, I think there may have been a bug in the previous version that allowed you to go over, and now the newer version has that bug fixed.
                  I'm having the same issues Bruce is having. Was not receiving private messages, was unable to send to Bruce.
                  Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

If you go to your Message Center, click Messages at the top of the page. Do you have a lot of Notifications?
                    Doug Borowski
                    Director of IT | Miva

Comment

Working...
                    X