Billing woes - anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billing woes - anyone else?

Anyone else having issues trying to give Miva money? My corporate credit card expired recently, so I updated the card in Plesk with the new expiry date. Fast forward to the first billing period on the new expiry date - I receive a magical email from Miva saying the payment wasn't successful. Email contains a link to sign in and rectify. Takes me to "my.miva.com" - this is new, not even sure what it is. My sign in details do not work on this site, so I go back to our hosting control panel and double-check that indeed I did update my card details.

I'm at least 4 support tickets into this, and each time I've been told it's all taken care of. Today, I receive an account suspension notice.

Just wondering if I'm the only one dealing with what is a tremendously frustrating process. Worst part is, our annual hosting renewal is due here in March. I'd hate to wake up to a non-functioning website!

I didn't even want to bring this up publicly, but given how much time I've spent on this, and how close we are to the end of March and our pending hosting renewal, I feel I need to.
    Dylan Buchfink
    The Mattress & Sleep Company
    http://www.tmasc.ca/

The fact that the email mentioned my.miva.com makes me think that you have seat licenses you're paying for and the card those are billed to, likely the same one, also needs updating. I'll explain that more thoroughly in a second, but for the time being, to ensure both cards are updated and there will be no issue, my recommendation would be to call in and get things checked by phone. Our average time to hold for a billing call, as of this moment, is 79 seconds.

So back to the other topic. The my.miva.com is a new billing system that is in the process of being rolled out for hosting charges. As of right now, only certain servers are connected to it. However, it has always been the place where billing for Miva Merchant seat licenses is handled, and if you've ever needed to alter your seat license count, you would have logged in there and probably also given a credit card, so that is why I believe it was the seat license billing that generated the email, and not the hosting billing.

Your site is currently not hosted on a server that is connected to the new billing system; it's still connected to the legacy Plesk billing system, which, as you've come to see, has issues. We were not satisfied with their billing system so we wrote our own to replace it and are in the process of connecting all servers to that new system, but it's a very time consuming process that we're implementing with extreme care to ensure it goes well, so you'll likely be connected to the old system for a while longer. Until that completes, you'd continue to have a card stored in the hosting billing system (Plesk) and one stored in my.miva.com for seats, but ultimately it will only be my.miva.com.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you for your detailed response. It's interesting, in Plesk, I can see a line item addressed the extra seat licence. To be frank, I don't remember where I actually went to sign up for the extra seat. I assumed it was Plesk given that item is listed in there.

Looking back in my email records the first mention I see of my.miva.com is from recent times, explaining the pending credit card expiry.

I finally followed the URL from our admin to manage seats. I think where the confusion is showing is that this URL plops in our store license key and email, and then asks for a password.

However, if going to my.miva.com it simply asks for a username and password. This is where it's very confusing.
      Dylan Buchfink
      The Mattress & Sleep Company
      http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

Dylan, could you send me a copy of the original email you got and a synopsis of what ended up happening and if there are open issues remaining? I'll at the very least have the appropriate people work on this from a communications perspective. Email address is in the signature.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X