Google Trusted Store Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Trusted Store Feedback

I find this really odd but in the last week we have had two customers call to ask if they could place an order over the phone because Google shows a warning that we are not a trusted store. Our SSL is current so I know it isn't that. I've been trying to find real feedback from store owners but nothing other than ads.

Just looking for the pros and cons from the store owner and not Google before we apply and get the process rolling.

Also, I know if says it is free in the docs from Google but at some point I'm sure there is something they are going to throw at me stating you could be even more "Trusted" if you upgrade to this . . . .

Any feedback or comments would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

If your store qualifies and gets approved through the qualification period, a badge is available for display on your store as well noted with Google related ads and optional purchase protection. The service allows your shoppers to opt into a survey at a later date at the time they place an order and hit the invoice screen. Based on their feedback/ratings, the badge/ad mention will display or hide depending on if requirements are met at the time. Here are the merchant guidelines if they have not provided this info to you up to this point: https://support.google.com/trustedst...answer/6063058

While it is technically possible to implement the necessary snippets with Miva using custom template code, it can get quite extensive. We have a module that speeds up the process quite a bit: http://apps.miva.com/google-trusted-stores.html

To our knowledge there is currently not any sort of "more trusted" upsell, it is basically Google trying to show that the store in question does not have a lot of bad marks from legitimate shoppers and as you have found, some shoppers look for that added trust.

Comment

Just to clarify a bit. Google "Trusted" stores have nothing to do per se, with your store's security or PCI compliance, but is instead, based on what Dan just said. And, for the record, they know more about this Google Shopping thing than any one else I know.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X