UPS Integration Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Integration Recommendations

Looking for recommendations for integrating UPS with Miva. My client currently retypes all the Miva orders into the UPS site. Not too efficient.

ShopInvoice/ShipWorks seems great, but only runs on Windows (my client is a Mac shop).

What are the recommended modules or methods? What questions should I ask the client to find out what would suit their needs? Not sure if they use UPS Online Tools or Worldship. I assume they want to be able to handle all the orders and shipping through one interface.

Originally posted by bjcleaver
    ShopInvoice/ShipWorks seems great, but only runs on Windows (my client is a Mac shop).
    But its a PC world :D Invest in a low cost or used PC just to run one of those.

Also, for intergration with Merchant, Viking Coders has a solution - UPS Custom Intergration

Comment

Does the VikingCoders tool just allow you to have real-time shipping rates on the site, or is it also an administrative tool that allows you to process/ship/label orders?

Good advice on the cheap PC alternative.

Comment

The Viking tool is for real time online rates in your store. I'm not sure on the backend part. You'd have to ask them.

There are however, a few other modules that do labels.

Comment

UPS Custom Integration does not have a label system, nor does it include other tools. However, some users have worked around using Order Manager or other scripts to export out of MIVA Merchant and upload into WorldShip and other software.
          Best,
          Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
          Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
          Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
          pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Other options...

You can also look for a shipping solution that works with your accounting or contact management system. I tried ShipRush for Fedex and it integrated well with our Microsoft Small Business Manager. I think they offer a 30 day free trial.

It's at www.shiprush.com.
            Keith Oratz
            PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
            www.preparesmart.com

Comment

There is also Ship Gear by VT Techologies:
              http://www.shipgear.com/

I used them for a couple years until Quickbooks added UPS to their software (I also use Quickbooks as my order manager)

The only thing about ship gear is they use the razor blade theory -- you buy the program, think you're all set, but then you find out they charge $99 per year for upgrades and tech support (the first year is free), however, ShipGear saved me countless hours because I used to have to type everything into UPS Worldship as well, so back in 2003 I bought ShipGear.

They have a free trial too! It's a great program and tech support was excellent!

PS there is also ShipWorks, however, it's VERY expensive. It's an excellent program, however, it has no QB's integration and if you want to use it on multiple stores or ebay you have to buy a second license and no discount on the second license. It's like $700.
              Last edited by Wendy; 06-12-06, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback. Right now my client doesn't even use Quickbooks, so they're really an open book as far as how to set them up to use Miva and UPS and anything else to manage their store. Not sure what they use for their accounting software, obviously that may be the first area to get started.

Most important for them is to get data from Miva into UPS. No need for real-time shipping rate info on the ste. They use Verisign for payment processing and (right now) do that at Verisign's site, not through Miva.

Shipworks might be the best initial option, though they'll need to overcome their PC hurdles. Or is there a more compelling argument to get them using Quickbooks as that might open up other options?

Comment

If they have UPS's worldship software, it has a utility that will go out and pull the information directly from a database. They may have look into how to pull the shipping information locally into an excel or other database format, but then after that the worldship UPS Online Connect utility will keep them from having to reype it.

Comment

I did just learn that they have Quickbooks Pro 2006 for Mac. Does that open up any other options for UPS integration? (I don't think Quickbooks for Mac can accept credit card payments)

Comment

Mac UPS Integration

QuickBooks on Mac does not support UPS. Intuit simply licensed some PC technology from another developer on the Windows side.

We offer the ONLY Mac solution for UPS shipping and we could easily create an import function to take Miva order data in and print out labels to thermal or laser printer. http://www.nrgsoft.com/products/inde...it%20for%20UPS No data re-entry necessary...

Comment

Re: UPS Integration Recommendations

If you struggling with "UPS WorldShip Integration & Programming"

Technosoft is providing technical consultancy, further R&D services, as well as help in developing UPS WorldShip solutions

http://www.techno-soft.com/index.php...870&Itemid=170

Comment

Working...
                        X