Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I show MIVA inventory messages on the basket screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I show MIVA inventory messages on the basket screen?

I am trying to figure out how to show the inventory message on the basket screen, but am having problems getting it to show up.

I am using the following code:

Code:
            <div id="inventory-message">
                <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_active">
                &mvt:product:inv_short;
                </mvt:if>
                </div>
    I have the inventory item checked to display for the basket page. Latu store helper says that the l.settings:product:inv_active is 1 so that shouldn't be the problem, but I can't get the inventory message to show up.

I even tested the inventory message outside of the test condition and I have this code on the basket contents screen but still no go.

Any ideas?
    Brandon Lubbert
    Library and Educational Services

A wholesale company for churches, day care providers,
    homeschools, libraries, missionaries, resellers and schools!

www.libraryanded.com

Re: How can I show MIVA inventory messages on the basket screen?

Anyone have any ideas? I still haven't gotten this solved.
    Brandon Lubbert

www.libraryanded.com

Comment

Hey Brandon -

I don't believe the inventory message is available by default on the basket page.

You should be able to get access to it using the toolkit module.

http://www.mivacentral.com/Merchant2...e=WCW-TOOLKIT5

Add this code to the basket page inside the foreach loop on the basket page.

<mvt:item name="toolkit" param="vproduct_find|productfound|l.all_settings:i tem:code" />
      &mvte:key_product:inv_short;

Make sure the toolkit it assigned to the BASK page as well.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

I finally got it correct and thought I would post the code in case it helps someone else.

Code:
        <div id="inventory-message">
                    <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="vproduct_find|productfound|l.all_settings:item:code" />

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:key_product:inv_short EQ 'IN STOCK'">
                    <span class="inventory-message-in-stock">
                    </span>

<mvt:else>
                    </div>
        Using CSS I set the default color for the message to red, and if it was 'IN STOCK' I want the message to show in green.
        Brandon Lubbert

www.libraryanded.com

Comment

Wondering if there was still no way to do this without Toolkit?

Comment

Just a point...are you sure you want to show "Out of Stock" AFTER they add to basket. Wouldn't it be better to show that on the Product Page...like where they click "Add to Basket"?
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by outboxin View Post
              Wondering if there was still no way to do this without Toolkit?
              Nope. Either Toolkit or ToolBelt is needed as an internal, non standard function call needs to be made.
              Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce, we do show it on the product page, search page, and category page, but I just couldn't figure out the code to show it on the basket page.

Yes, you definitely would want to show it on the product page and other pages before putting it in their cart.
                Brandon Lubbert

www.libraryanded.com

Comment

Maybe it is just me, but if I went to the basket and saw I had the item in the basket but there was a message saying out of stock, my first impression would be the item is going to get backordered and I won't see it for a couple weeks. If you were the only person on the Internet I would call you to find out ETA before I ordered. If it was a common item, I wouldn't even waste the phone call. I'd be shopping elsewhere. You might want to alter the message to say they are the last lucky person to get the item before we ran out.
                  Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
                  Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
                  Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
                  Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
                  Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Don't allow them to order something that is out of stock?

If you use product level inventory, you can use code similar to this:
                    Code:
                      <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_active">
                        	<mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:inv_available GE 1">
                        		Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" value=1 size=2> <mvt:item name="buttons" param="AddToBasket" />
                        		<div class=prod-invm>&mvt:inventory:out_long;</div>
                        	Quantity: <input type="text" name="Quantity" value=1 size=2> <mvt:item name="buttons" param="AddToBasket" />
                        </div class="prod-addb">
                    Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by wcw View Post
                      Maybe it is just me, but if I went to the basket and saw I had the item in the basket but there was a message saying out of stock, my first impression would be the item is going to get backordered and I won't see it for a couple weeks. If you were the only person on the Internet I would call you to find out ETA before I ordered. If it was a common item, I wouldn't even waste the phone call. I'd be shopping elsewhere. You might want to alter the message to say they are the last lucky person to get the item before we ran out.

We are posting that the items are back-ordered and have a note that explains how long it will take to arrive. The site is for specialty off-roading car parts and accessories that are coming from Australia .... if they want these parts they are ordering from us, there is not other supplier of the same items.

And, while I agree that shoppers should be shown that an item is out of stock or back-orderd when they are putting the items into their cart, it seems strange that it is not standard that these items would be shown as such when they are in the cart and for that matter on the invoice/email.

Comment

This thread has been a long time stale, but I need to put some life back in it. I am trying to target the inventory at a variant level and have a message displayed on the BASK & INVC pages that tell you are ordering an item that is on back order. For example, we have some products on the PROD page which will allow you to order with a message indicating the item is on back order. We need this message to carry over to the BASK and INVC pages. I can only seem to get it at the product level and not the variant level on the BASK page. Using the toolkit and some of the samples here ... could anyone chime in on this one? Thanks.
                        Jason Lindsey
                        Dreamchaser Design
                        www.dreamchaserdesign.com
                        "You Dream. We Design."

Comment

Working...
                        X