• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow Customers to enter their own UPS or FedEx Account Numbers

Miva Merchant 9.0002
    MivaScript Engine v5.20
    Database API: mysql

I read that 28% of online shoppers abandon their carts at the time of checkout when they see the shipping costs (I know I've done that too) and we see many shoppers getting to that point in their purchase and bailing out.

Are there any Miva modules that will allow a customer to enter their own UPS/FedEx account numbers for shipping at the time of checkout and if so where can we check them out?

Is there any reason why this might not be a good idea?
    Last edited by joseibarra; 04-07-17, 10:18 PM.

Re: Allow Customers to enter their own UPS or FedEx Account Numbers

The modules allow you to bill that way when printing a label, so you'd need to create a "pay for your own shipping" flat rate and then configure a custom order field to collect it.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I wanted to bump this topic. It has come to our attention that we have seven wholesale customers who really want to do this. Currently, they call in and we have to manually do this and it adds time to processing their order. So we want to know if there is a way in the recently released UPS developer kit that could allow for this to be done?

Comment

This would be very helpful for our wholesale clients as well - we too have to manually process shipping for our clients who use their own shipping accounts. I'll add another "bump" to this topic.
        Psydde Delicious
        Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousBoutique.com
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Just use a custom order field, or even a Custom CUSTOMER field to hold their UPS account. Then create a flat rate payment method that is ONLY available for those customers (must be logged in). When THAT option is signed in, use a little javascript/jQuery statement to SHOW the custom Order or Customer field.

The advantage of using a customer field is that it can be saved along with the customer's information and helps prevent abuse. As a caution, some time back, we knew of a store owner who let anyone use 'their' ups account. However, there was no access limitation and folks ending up using fraudulent account numbers. UPS sued them. They are no longer in business. In other words, l'd only do this for verified account. UPS MIGHT Have a API function to verify the account number against shipping address, but its not locally available as far as I know.

Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
          X