Shipping Could Not Be Calculated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Could Not Be Calculated

I may need to submit a ticket, but I figured I'd inquire here first! Recently, as in the last few days, I have been receiving an error in my shipping and payment settings. The error is as follows:

Shipping could not be calculated for your basket. This may be due to a network or configuration error, or the contents of your basket may not be able to be shipped in a single shipment.

I recently updated to 9.004, and installed/configured the UPS Online Tools Module. It usually appears on larger orders. Anyone else having issues of this type?

Re: Shipping Could Not Be Calculated

Are these orders over 150 lbs?
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for the Reply, I believe that to be the trigger. I was previously using a Viking Coders module, and switched over the the Online Tools. Is there a way to configure to allow shipments over 150?

Comment

Yes, the best way is to go into Shipment Settings and configure a box packing module (you have 3 to choose from).

Check out the Reference Guide for more details: www.miva.com/referenceguide

Also make sure you have a Fallback Shipping method configured in case you have a single item that's over 150 lbs (so therefore it'll still trigger this issue).
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Rick, I have configured the boxes module as Pack By Weight, and configured 3 different box sizes with max weights of 70lbs. I also created a fallback that allows order to be processed without shipping, with the notice that customers will be contacted regarding shipping. Maybe I am missing something, but shouldn't the Pack by Weight allow for a 210lb. order packed in 3 boxes, 60 lbs. each?

Comment

If you have boxes setup there is really no weight limit to the order itself. The issue here is that UPS and FedEx have a max weight of 150lb on a single box. Without boxes configured in Miva, when Miva makes a call to UPS to get rates it uses a single box by default for all items in the order. Adding boxes and making each box have a max weight limit will prevent any single box from being over 150lbs.

Keep in mind, that in order for boxes to work correctly you also need to put in product dimensions on each of your products.

A simple trick if you don't have/want to do individual product dimensions is to create a single box with 0x0x0 dimensions and a max weight of 149lbs. This way if a customer has multiple products in their order that sum up to more than 149lbs Miva will automatically split them into two boxes when it is requesting rates.

This won't do dimensional pricing since you are not sending box dimensions, but if you didn't have boxes configured prior to this, then you were not getting dimensional rates previously.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Brennan, that is an excellent response. I have a couple thousand products, and different vendors package a little differently, so I've never used individual product dimensions. We pack multiple items in boxes to not exceed 70 lbs. Per your response, I created a single box in the Boxes Module, dimensions 0x0x0 with a max weight of 149, I am still getting the fallback error message. Am I missing something small? I swear I have read through the Reference guide 5 or 6 times.

Comment

What is the weight of the product you are testing with? If a single product is over 150lbs, Miva cannot split it into multiple boxes. You would need Freight shipping or some kind of flat rate shipping.
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

I've been testing multiple products in the 30lb range, quantities to add up to more than 150. I only get the fallback when the total gets over 150.

Comment

Private message me access to the store and the products you are testing with. I can take a look.
                    Brennan Heyde
                    VP Product
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Wondering if this was ever resolved? I just found out that I am now having the same issue. This is a new problem, it worked in the past. Wonder if it's an issue with one of the updates? None of my settings have changed.

All products have weight and dimension. Settings are pack by weight, I have multiple boxes set up, each box has a maximum weight limit of 50lbs.

Site can't calculate shipping if over 150lbs via UPS Online Tools. Defaults to fallback method.

>> I have a dev site set up to test Pack by Cubic. It is also limited to 150lbs.
                      Last edited by Ron Frigon; 08-17-15, 01:04 PM. Reason: additional info
                      Ron Frigon
                      Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

This questions has already been answered...

There is a bug in 9.0004 causing this. Any order that is over 150lbs regardless of the number of boxes it is shipping in, is only using UPSfreight shipping methods. You'll need to configure and use the UPS freight shipping methods until we push out a fix.
                        Ron Frigon
                        Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                        X