Hiding sold out products with attributes and/or l.settings:product question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding sold out products with attributes and/or l.settings:product question

Would like to find a way of hiding a product once all of it's variants equal zero, the same way that "inventory" tracking works when there are no attributes. Have a ticket with support but I have feeling this is no where near as easy as the tracking inventory feature.

As a quicker workaround, I would like to automatically display a product flag at the CTGY level that informs the customer that the product is sold out even if it is displayed.

Does anyone know if there is an "l.settings:product:____" phrase that will refer back to the product's attributes and check the quantity on hand for each one?

Main product code:
    2013-hes-31471
    Code for attribute inventory variants:

2013-hes-31471_black-6

2013-hes-31471_black-7

2013-hes-31471_black-8
    2013-hes-31471_black-9

Re: Hiding sold out products with attributes and/or l.settings:product question

Originally posted by rpk4 View Post
    Would like to find a way of hiding a product once all of it's variants equal zero, the same way that "inventory" tracking works when there are no attributes. Have a ticket with support but I have feeling this is no where near as easy as the tracking inventory feature.

As a quicker workaround, I would like to automatically display a product flag at the CTGY level that informs the customer that the product is sold out even if it is displayed.

Does anyone know if there is an "l.settings:product:____" phrase that will refer back to the product's attributes and check the quantity on hand for each one?

Main product code:
    2013-hes-31471
    Code for attribute inventory variants:

2013-hes-31471_black-6

2013-hes-31471_black-7

2013-hes-31471_black-8
    2013-hes-31471_black-9

I think this is still in the works but are you only doing this for a couple products by chance? If so you can go to the products (Inventory Variant) tab. Once there double click each individual part and add the main product code. Just remember that if you come back and regenerate the variants it would remove what you have just done.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 10.43.19 AM.jpg
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 09-30-15, 06:47 AM.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

I wish it was only a few, instead there are only 3 products that currently have no variants and work with built in features. If I am going to enter something for every product I would just add the "sold out" flag to each relative product or just delete them.
      Last edited by rpk4; 09-30-15, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpk4 View Post
        I wish it was only a few, instead there are only 3 products that currently have no variants and work with built in features. If I am going to enter something for every product I would just add the "sold out" flag to each relative product or just delete them.
        I'm confident that doing what you want is possible if you have the attribute machine working on your ctgy page. (Just the Sold out Message part not the hiding out of stock part because the method I shared is the only way at the moment)

The Suviant theme does this on the PROD page but quite honestly because I don't need it I'm not in a position to hunt down what it would take at the moment. Maybe I'll get bored later but perhaps we can get rick or Brennan to chime in?
        Last edited by Mark Hood; 09-30-15, 10:02 AM.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

The way to make this work is to also track inventory on the master product in addition to the variants. The master inventory will be a sum on all the variant inventory. When someone buys a product Miva will reduce 1 from the variant product (the specific size and color purchased) as well the master product. When the master product reaches 0, meaning all the vriant products are out of stock, Miva will automatically hide it.

The downside to this, is you need to make sure when updating inventory for all the variants you also keep the inventory count of the master product updated.

There are also ways to do this in the template code where you look at all the inventory of the variants and use template code to hide the product but this too can get complicated.
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan, I had emailed you directly moments ago about this, but just found this post. To pile on here, if they use Restock Shelves, will restock shelves add back both the variant level that went unpurchased as well as the base product level?
            Ted Hust
            AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
            Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Yes. If the basket expires and deleted, inventory from the master product as well as the variants will be correctly returned to stock. Using restock shelves to do the deletion of baskets would accomplish the same results.
              Brennan Heyde
              VP Product
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
              X