Gift Certificate Redeem on OSEL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Certificate Redeem on OSEL?

Curious as for the reasoning behind the Gift Cert Redeem field/button being added to the OPAY page instead of the OSEL page? Wouldn't it make more sense for people to redeem before selecting their payment?

1) Is there a way to add it to the OSEL page?
    2) Any issues removing it from the OPAY page if we wanted?

EDIT: ok I can see where on the OPAY page it makes sense to add to it. I guess where it makes more sense to me is on the OSEL page? If I was given a gift cert, and I logged in to checkout, I would want to apply that gift cert BEFORE choosing a payment method. If I see I have little or no balance, I'd want to redeem it right there before selecting a credit card for example.

-Kevin
    Last edited by lancermedia; 11-04-15, 01:05 PM.
    Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
    Lancer Media, Inc.

I was just trying to figure out this exact same thing. I tried moving it to OSEL and now the OSEL page isn't working properly. Did you ever get it resolved?

Comment

The gift certificate redemption box is part of the basket component. You can enable it on any page that has this item assigned just by checking the box "Allow Gift Certificates to Be Redeemed" . This rewrites the template to include the form needed to redeem a gift certificate. However, it is just a standard form with an action. This form can be placed on any page or even globally as long as the customer is logged in.

Here is the sample form:

http://www.miva.com/forums/forum/onl...588#post681588

Also it is worth noting that our built in gift certificates don't get redeemed directly on the order. They first get converted to account credit and then the customer can choose to apply the credit to the order as a payment method.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
      X