9.0005 Order Emails Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.0005 Order Emails Bug?

I've updated a couple of my dev sites and one live site to 9.0005. While manually sending a shipment confirmation email via the order processing screen, (Order Emails), it doesn't process. I've also tried to manually send Customer and Merchant confirmation emails. They do not work either. I've tried this on multiple domains.
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Re: 9.0005 Order Emails Bug?

Originally posted by Ron Frigon View Post
    I've updated a couple of my dev sites and one live site to 9.0005. While manually sending a shipment confirmation email via the order processing screen, (Order Emails), it doesn't process. I've also tried to manually send Customer and Merchant confirmation emails. They do not work either. I've tried this on multiple domains.
    Ron,

Good find. I've filed a bug on this. It's a JavaScript issue preventing the action from taking place. In the mean time, if you go to your Domain Settings and change the "JavaScript" dropdown from "Separate" to "Combined". This will fix the issue for now until a fix is released.
    Ryan Guisewite
    Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
    www.miva.com

Comment

go to your Domain Settings and change the "JavaScript" dropdown from "Separate" to "Combined".
      Worked like a charm.

Thank You!
      Ron Frigon
      Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post
        Ron,

Good find. I've filed a bug on this. It's a JavaScript issue preventing the action from taking place. In the mean time, if you go to your Domain Settings and change the "JavaScript" dropdown from "Separate" to "Combined". This will fix the issue for now until a fix is released.
        Ryan - what does this new option do? What is the difference between Separate and Combined?
        Gordon Currie
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Had the same issue and that fixed it, but what exactly does the separated vs combined javascript change? Are there any other areas I should check that making this change could affect?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon - Phosphor Media View Post
            Ryan - what does this new option do? What is the difference between Separate and Combined?
            Hello,

Bug Fix 1 has been released which addresses the order emails issue. As far as what the difference is between those new javascript settings, all I can find is what was released in the 9.5 release notes.

• New JavaScript domain setting controls whether administrative JavaScript is output as separate files, combined files, or combined and minified files. The Combined and Combined and Minified settings may reduce bandwidth usage and improve performance

If you've applied the work around for this bug fix 1 is compatible with those changes so you can leave the javascript setting on combined.

Regards,
            Rafael Buelna
            Miva Support Engineer
            800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
            http://www.miva.com
            http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

The "old" way was to have a whole bunch of JS files load via the admin, in 9.5 we went about combining them all into a single Admin JS file. For compatibility reasons we chose to leave upgraded stores on separate files unless you change that setting.

In the long run you'll want to be on Combined, it should make your Admin run faster. All new installs begin with that now as the default.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Applied the bugfix emails would still not send. (had not changed the dropdown)

Then I changed the dropdown and it worked
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Hi Mark

Is this still the case for you? I just tried to reproduce what you were seeing; with the bugfix applied I was able to manually send the emails with the JS in separate mode once I had cleared my cache.

Let me know if this is still an issue for you.

-Eric
                  Eric Foresman
                  Software Tester
                  Miva Merchant
                  http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X