Multiple Domain Supprt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Domain Supprt

I could have sworn that I saw a timeline for having Multiple Domains per Admin/License but I can't seem to find it. Is this slated for sometime in 2016?

Happy New Year!
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Re: Multiple Domain Supprt

Yes
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank for the follow up Rick.

So I guess the question now is how will the licence fee be calculated in that scenerio? Will it be based on "Annual Merchant Revenue" of all domains combined? Currently with seperate licenses we have 2 at starter, 1 at business and 2 at professional levels. Combine them all and we are enterprise+.

So how is this going to work...?

TY!
      Ron Frigon

Comment

The details still have to be worked out, but yes essentially you're right. The plan is for Annual Merchant Revenue to be the driver (one of the reasons we made those changes), the intent of the plan though is for stores to be "germane" to each other.

For example, if you sell Auto parts and want to have sub stores by brands, so myautoparts.com sells everything under the sun and mytoyotaparts.com sells just Toyota parts, but it's really one giant catalog behind the scenes with a single admin, then we're trying to solve this problem for you and bill for it as you suggested, based on the total volume for the whole site.

What we're not trying to solve, someone launching mygenericmall.com and then "selling" substores to other merchants and letting them list their stuff under that mall and avoid paying the base level fees on a per store basis. We'll be taking some measures to prevent this secondary case.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

I follow you. This will give the ability to have mutiple stores on seperate domains where currently the additional stores must be on a subdomain.

But where we have one site selling Coffee, another selling Toys, and another selling Pencils; This isn't going to apply.

Thank You Rick!
          Ron Frigon

Comment

I think it would actually support that from what it sounds like as long as you were willing to have all of those items in a single master database and change their visibility on a site by site basis. I imagine additional columns on the product list in admin with a checkbox for each domain that toggles visibility. With the active/inactive toggle being a global setting. this would be great as it would take items in and out of stock globally in real time based on aggregate data. That is if you wanted each site to have real-time inventory. But I wonder, what if you wanted real-time inventory for an item on 1 domain but did not want to track inventory for that item on a different domain? Fora example if you had one site which people could purchase through directly but another site you only used for quoting purposes positioned towards large buyers.
            Last edited by jbart; 01-07-16, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Technologically you're correct jbart, what I'm describing is a business/licensing issue. If you own the stores yourself, this will be fine.

If you're really just playing middle man and not the store owner as a means to "play" our licensing model, we'll have rules for shutting that down.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

If you own the stores yourself, this will be fine.
                The sites do all have the same owner in my case...
                Ron Frigon

Comment

Then you'd be fine, it'll simply be a complexity management decision on your part.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Is there an ETA you're willing to share for this? I desperately want this feature. We have three stores with product overlap, and wrangling inventory and duplicate updates everywhere is annoying.

Josh

Comment

Not a hard ETA for sure. Right now it's tentatively slated for 9.6 (which is slated for Q2), but it's the one item we might pull for 9.7.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Very good. This is one of those features that other platforms sort of offer through third-party integrations, but Miva can really stand out with a native solution.

Will this also enable centralized order fulfillment and customer management? I need an excuse to get rid of Order Manager.

Comment

That's the plan, but some of the advanced OM style features are 9.7+
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

That will make my life MUCH easier. Thanks!

Comment

I urgently need this feature too. Any ETA?

Comment

Working...
                              X