latest update seems to have broken responsiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

latest update seems to have broken responsiveness

I'm on Miva 9 and was prompted at the admin console to run some updates, so I did.

The problem is, when I view my live MIVA store using Firefox on my mac (firefox 43), the site is now 100% mobil and not desktop compatible. It used to behave responsively when viewed from a desktop PC, in that if the browser window was large it would show the desktop UI, but if you shrink the browser window it would dynamically switch over to the mobil UI. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

I am using one of the mobil ready themes (the optic one) that has been working perfectly great up until this point.

FYI - everything is working totally fine when using Chrome browser on my mac (chrome version 47)

The site still works and I can get orders, its just it is presenting the mobil UI only.

I will check using a Windows O/S later today.

Something else is wrong, we don't make any HTML side changes during those updates.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

http://guitar-mod.com/temp/framework_text.jpg

The above image describes one of the changes that has occurred after the update and might be the cause.
      Last edited by wolfman645; 01-14-16, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Yet another update to this. Not really a resolution, just a slight improvement. What I have discovered (accidentally) is that when you click the "home" link, it will now go back to normal desktop mode, but unfortunately this is only temporary as it will randomly revert itself back to mobil mode. Even worse is, it always defaults to this mobil mode now on Firefox. Please see screenshots below.

To reiterate, this is only happening on Firefox on a mac. Firefox on my windows laptop is fine. Chrome on both is fine.

Also to reiterate, this is NEW behavior and I have not touched the HTML (been way too busy).

I have attached 2 screenshots.
        • The 1st one shows the problem. You can clearly see it is in what I will call "mobil" mode with the little triple-dash menu in the upper left, and the regular navigational menus is not showing up. Also, the fonts and images are showing up proportionally way too big.
        • The 2nd one shows everything working and looking correctly in Chrome. No problems at all. I display Firefox in the background so you can see.

Thanks,

Andy

Below is the problem in Firefox

Here is Chrome in the foreground (on the right) looking correctly, with the problematic Firefox in the background on the left.

Attached Files

Comment

Rick - here is an important update/development. Please see the attached screenshot. On Jan 12 I ran the required update as I was prompted to do so in the Miva console.

You will notice on Jan 12 a new framework was created called cssui_default_fw, and this was set to active. This must have been created by the updated, because i certainly didn't do it.

You can then see my optic ready theme, which was working fine prior to the update has been set to inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman645 View Post
            Rick - here is an important update/development. Please see the attached screenshot. On Jan 12 I ran the required update as I was prompted to do so in the Miva console.

You will notice on Jan 12 a new framework was created called cssui_default_fw, and this was set to active. This must have been created by the updated, because i certainly didn't do it.

You can then see my optic ready theme, which was working fine prior to the update has been set to inactive.
            I will second this "what the heck is this" because our site has done the same thing with the framework.
            They may not have made html changes but they did break a bunch of javascript with this update.

Just for giggles have you tried changing the new javascript dropdown options under domain settings?
            Last edited by Mark Hood; 01-14-16, 03:39 PM.
            Mark Hood
            Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
              I will second this "what the heck is this" because our site has done the same thing with the framework.
              They may not have made html changes but they did break a bunch of javascript with this update.

Just for giggles have you tried changing the new javascript dropdown options under domain settings?
              Thanks Mark. I just tried changing the drop-down from separate to combined but that did not help. Furthermore, if I try to change the framework back to the optics them

See this image: http://guitar-mod.com/temp/framework_text.jpg

Comment

I have opened a case with Miva about this, case # [MIVA #MCR-887-32903]

I am now unable to activate the optics ready theme.

Comment

This is the exact reason we don't like being FORCED to update. I still haven't updated to the 9.0005 or later and probably won't unless Miva starts charging non-compliance fees again.

Comment

I will bet in the end this update had nothing to do with this.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]
                    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi wolfman645,

The 9.0005 update should not have created the cssui_default_fw, that is the basic default framework that comes preinstalled on all stores and If it gets removed we don’t re-add it. However, when the store is created that is the framework that gets recorded in the “framework” column of the s01_Stores database table. The new “Active” column that was added in 9.0005 and goes off of the framework column in the s01_Stores table.

Now another bug that we fixed back in 9.0004 was that saved frameworks, when they get applied did not update the s01_Stores database table to record the newly applied framework in the “framework” column. This means that if the framework that you are currently using was created before 9.0004 the Active column will still think that cssui_default_fw is currently active, even though it is not.

I apologies for any confusion this has caused you. I am still looking into the forced mobile issue with Firefox on Mac and will let you know what I find

Also if you are absolutely sure that the cssui_default_fw was not installed prior to the update please let me know, I just had one of my testers go through all the updates from 9.0003 to current with that framework deleted from the store to see if the framework was getting re-added somehow and we didn’t see it; but if it happened to your store I would like to know so we can look further into how it happened.

Thanks
                      -Eric
                      Eric Foresman
                      Software Tester
                      Miva Merchant
                      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post
                        Hi wolfman645,

I apologies for any confusion this has caused you. I am still looking into the forced mobile issue with Firefox on Mac and will let you know what I find

Also if you are absolutely sure that the cssui_default_fw was not installed prior to the update please let me know, I just had one of my testers go through all the updates from 9.0003 to current with that framework deleted from the store to see if the framework was getting re-added somehow and we didn’t see it; but if it happened to your store I would like to know so we can look further into how it happened.

Thanks
                        -Eric
                        Eric - Thanks for looking into this. I think the cssui_default_fw was there prior to the update. I still have an old development/backup store, which used to be my production store before I went live with the ready theme/mobil site in September. I was able to log into that old development site and verify that the cssui_default_fw is clearly there, and I can see there is no "active" column. Now, I don't know what version or update has been applied. Is there a way to find out which update has been applied?
                        Last edited by wolfman645; 01-14-16, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Hi wolfman645,

Thanks for checking to see if the framework was already installed before update, I appreciate it. in most cases the “last applied” column should still work for indicating what framework has been applied. In this case however it is also easy to see that your store is not currently using the default framework. When you look at the SFNT page it would look like the attached screen shot.

default.png

I just got done updating the Firefox on my Mac to v.43 and I do not get the mobile version when I visit http://www.guitar-mod.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

Do you know of any kind of “request mobile version” or user agent switching add-on that might be installed? Are you able to confirm that this happens on another computer?

Thanks
                          -Eric
                          Eric Foresman
                          Software Tester
                          Miva Merchant
                          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post
                            Hi wolfman645,

Thanks for checking to see if the framework was already installed before update, I appreciate it. in most cases the “last applied” column should still work for indicating what framework has been applied. In this case however it is also easy to see that your store is not currently using the default framework. When you look at the SFNT page it would look like the attached screen shot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n681166[/ATTACH]

I just got done updating the Firefox on my Mac to v.43 and I do not get the mobile version when I visit http://www.guitar-mod.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

Do you know of any kind of “request mobile version” or user agent switching add-on that might be installed? Are you able to confirm that this happens on another computer?

Thanks
                            -Eric
                            Hi Eric -

Thanks for helping out, it is greatly appreciated. The only problem seems to be Firefox on my Mac, but I only have one Mac so I don't have a way to test on other mac machines. Thanks for checking on yours. That is good news that it is working fine on Firefox for you. My version of Firefox is up to date (43.0.4). My Miva store is working fine for me on my Windows laptop, as well as on my Mac when using Chrome and Safari. I looked to see what Firefox plug-ins are enabled but I don't see any that look like they might interfere. I will try to deactivate a few and I'll report back if it helps.
                            Last edited by wolfman645; 01-15-16, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X