FedEx shipments to Canada through Miva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedEx shipments to Canada through Miva

I don't know how many people ship orders into Canada via FedEx but there is a major flaw in Miva. You as the shipper get charged customs and taxes because Miva has not provided the option the FedEx uses to collect these taxes from the recipient. We have had to stop using Miva to ship via FedEx because this has cost us significant costs because FedEx does not collect the taxes and automatically bills the shipper. We are on the latest update of 9.5 with bug corrections. This is for the 3 Miva sites we have.

Chet Vincentz
    Thanks,
    Chet Vincentz
    [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
    www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
    www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, according to FedEx docs, it's not supposed to work this way. We're reached out to them to find out how to fix this and filed a bug on our end so we can track it.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick
      Thanks
      Chet
      Thanks,
      Chet Vincentz
      [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
      www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
      www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Comment

On a related note, my understanding is that the clearance entry fees are assessed by FedEx when a label is printed for Ground to Canada. However, the web services module does not appear to be including this in the returned rate. This means that we're being charged by FedEx for this, but not properly passing it on to the customer when they place their order.
        Paul

Comment

Here's something else I'm seeing that shouldn't be happening. If I abbreviate the province, I get a rate. If I spell out the province name, I end up in my fallback method. Customers don't always abbreviate their province.
          Last edited by TFo; 02-03-16, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Wondering if there is any new update on this as we are having the same conversation with our FedEx reps.

We want to have the Ground Clearance fee included in the Ground rate returned to MIVA which means MIVA would have to pass the sales value to Fedex since the clearance fee is based off of the value. We need this additional cost included so the end user is correctly comparing the cost correct against an express package. For a light weight shipment that is $250 this clearance fee is approx $45 which when added to the normal Ground rate will put it possibly lower than the Express rates and they receive it much quicker. I do not believe the web service provides anything on Duties/taxes for up front capturing.

I know FedEx Cross Border (previously Bongo) does allow for the capturing of the true Duties/taxes up front but that software (at least 2 years ago when we used it) takes the check out out of MIVA and to FedEx's system for the capturing of the funds and shipping estimate on FedEx's account and then they transfer the funds for the product back to you with additional processing fees and tracking workflows.

Comment

Any updates to this? Is there a way that FedEx/USPS can quote the duties and taxes on international customers so they are included at checkout?
              Joe McDonald
              patrickwebby.com

Comment

We fixed the ability to charge it to the recipient during the label Generation process (which is what the original post was about) when we released 9.6

It sounds like you want rating to show that during shopping? That's not on our roadmap as it's near impossible to do easily. As of now there are a number of companies that offer that as a paid service and I think Brennan is working with another one launching on Miva right now.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                X