Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All of a sudden Miva store can't send emails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of a sudden Miva store can't send emails?

Not sure if this is related to the store upgrade or not, but the store is now suddenly unable to send emails. I even went into try to send a manual email from Miva and got the authentication error you see in the attached image. In fact, I tried to open a support ticket from the console and even that failed because apparently that sends an email too. Any ideas? I've been a MIVA user for over 10 years and never had this problem before.
    Attached Files

If seen this happen quite a bit with stores that are not hosted with Miva. Has something to do with their server settings or something. Search the forum for the actual error and you'll find some posts.

You may need to go to Domain Settings > Mail Settings > add your mail server, user and pass. Leave encryption as Plaintext and leave Mail Method blank. Had to do this on a couple sites myself.
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I will try checking the forum for the error message and I'll check out the mail settings. It is strange because it has worked forever and all of a sudden stopped. The only thing I can think of is the MIVA update could have changed something.

I have opened support ticket #TYH-644-91974

Comment

You're welcome. If I remember right it was something about relay access denied, or something to that effect.
        Ron Frigon
        Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

The actual error message that pops up when I try to send an email via the MIVA interface is "One of more notification emails could not be sent at this time: 5.7.0 authentication failed"

I took a look at the mail settings, but I have never looked at them before (since they were set up by the hosting company) so I have nothing to compare it to. The only thing that seemed funny to me is that the host name was set to "localhost".

Comment

OK, problem solved. The tech from my hosting company logged into fix the settings.

Comment

To help anyone else that experiences this, you might want to post what they did to fix it.
              Gordon Currie
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon - Phosphor Media View Post
                To help anyone else that experiences this, you might want to post what they did to fix it.
                Good point. My webhost said that someone had put my username into the mail settings. It is still a mystery to me how the setting got changed, but none the less it is fixed now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X