Uploading Products and Variants from a Flat File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Products and Variants from a Flat File

I am attempting to upload a new batch of products to our inventory via a flat file. There are about 50 parent products each with a number of child variations and I currently have them separated out in a CSV file.

I've been trying to upload it through the Import/Export features on the Data Management page in Miva. I can get all the products uploaded however it registers all of them as a parent products instead of parent products with child variations. Is there a way to change the formatting of the flat file so certain products are linked to others as child variations?

I have also tried uploading all the parent products and child variations as separate uploads. The parent products will upload fine however when I attempt to upload the child variations they don't appear anywhere in Miva or link to the parent products. I don't get any errors during the upload, they just don't show up anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to use the Variant Product Import, not the standard product import. Attached is a sample file which can you be used as a template.
    Attached Files
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
      You need to use the Variant Product Import, not the standard product import. Attached is a sample file which can you be used as a template.
      I can't seem to view the file you've attached. Would you mind sharing it another way?

I've tried uploading using the Variant Product Import but the records keep getting skipped over due to an error. It says "Unable to create part product with empty attribute code" and I don't know what that means. The child variations are for colour and size and I don't know which category to assign to everything when creating the Variant Product Import template under "Import Settings"

Comment

Working...
      X