UPS Shipping Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Shipping Rates

The rates I am getting in the UPS module are not accurate. They are way under even our negotiated rates. I know that I can add to the shipping total as either a fixed or percentage amount. My question is, WHY are these rates incorrect? We have been using Viking Coders UPS custom integration on our previous site, but if I don't have to, I would rather not have to pay a yearly fee to use this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Originally posted by IndustrialOdorControl View Post
    The rates I am getting in the UPS module are not accurate. They are way under even our negotiated rates. I know that I can add to the shipping total as either a fixed or percentage amount. My question is, WHY are these rates incorrect? We have been using Viking Coders UPS custom integration on our previous site, but if I don't have to, I would rather not have to pay a yearly fee to use this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can you email Miva Support ([email protected]) regarding what site is experiencing this, the products you are testing along with destination address? In the email to support please also include a link to this forum thread. I would like to see if we can replicate the incorrect rates and research why.

Wayne
    Wayne Smith

Comment

I am having the same issue. I have been working with Miva support for 3 weeks. The issue is not getting the attention it deserves unfortunately. Everyone should do an audit on actual negotiated costs out of UPS Worldship vs. what Miva is charging the customer. The variances are all over the place.
      Best Regards,

Asim Khan
      weddingFAVORites.com

"a stylish favor boutique"
      http://www.weddingfavorites.com

Comment

Originally posted by Asim77 View Post
        actual negotiated costs out of UPS Worldship vs. what Miva is charging the customer.
        Just to be clear, "Miva" isn't doing the charges. The UPS Gateway is based on information passed from Miva to UPS. So, typically, differences between what gets returned from UPS and the actual cost of shipping is a direct relationship between what Miva HAS to send. So, things like Residential verses Commercial address, the size (height, width, length) of the box, accuracy in weight (the product weighs X, but when padding and boxes are added weighs Y).

All these data points CAN be forwarded from Miva to UPS, but a lot of times, it requires a lot of work to get that data into Miva accurately. Depending on the difference, its sometimes more effective to win some/loss some.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X