Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Pricing Changes Based on Attribute Options

Hello,

I am looking to see how i can get the price to dynamically change based on the attributes selected. For example, if i have 3 additional options that each have different prices on them, I'd like the pricing on the product page to reflect that change.

This is different than using inventory variants for pricing since there are multiple additional choices can keep changing the price. Basically, as you select a value for each additional attribute, the price would reflect that change with the choices made.

Inventory variants are the right way to handle this. You would generate variants for all the possible combinations and each would have the correct price of all the options selected. If you have 3 attributes with a lot of options it can result in a lot of variations.

If you did not want to use variants you would need to write some JavaScript to add the additional value together.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I would be interested in this as well but without having to keep track of inventory. Many companies would use this for creating custom products so tracking inventory wouldn't work in our case. Any chance we could add this as a dream feature for Miva 9?
      Thanks,
      Christine

Comment

You can use Variants without tracking inventory.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Hi Rick. Can you send some documentation on this? I can find documentation on how to create variables but it forces us to enter a QTY on hand so that we can purchase.
          Thanks,
          Christine

Comment

It's the same directions, but you just turn off Track/Hide Out of Stock and Track/Hide Low Stock. That way the number doesn't matter.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi Rick,

That solved part of the problem. The product is showing the correct product pricing for the different varients and updates the price as they are selected. I have inventory turned on for each of the varients, with a QOH of 0, and have "Track Low Stock Level" set to NO, "Track out of stock level" set to NO, and "Hide out of stock products" set to No as well. The only problem is it won't allow me to add any of the attributes to the basket. Did I miss a step or have a setting wrong?

Thanks,
              Christine
              Thanks,
              Christine

Comment

If you don't track inventory across all your products you can disable inventory globally. Go to Catelog -> Inventory tab and uncheck the "Track Inventory" Box
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Hi Brennan. Some of our items will have inventory tracked so I will need to track inventory in some cases. Other products have different sizes and we want the product price to update dynamically but don't keep track of inventory as it's a special order item. I thought I had the item set up correctly but it won't allow us to add the item to the basket. The dynamic price is working correctly.
                  Thanks,
                  Christine

Comment

It still won't allow us to add the item to basket when there are inventory variants selected. How do we get this to work please?
                    Thanks,
                    Christine

Comment

In that case, you'll need to go into each of the variant products generated (the non active products) and turn off inventory tracking on each variant. This can also be done in bulk via import export.
                      Brennan Heyde
                      VP Product
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Hi Brennan. That worked! Thank you so much!
                        Thanks,
                        Christine

Comment

I am using the DiVino theme. I needed the bug fix: https://github.com/mivaecommerce/levels-readytheme/issues/2 because strike-out of the price was happening even if there was no sale price.

I've generated variants, but the pricing doesn't happen dynamically. Is there a setting in attribute-machine that I have screwed up? Does the bug fix allow for dynamic pricing? Can I use "Variant Price is set by the Master Product and its Attributes", or does it have to be: "Variant Price is set by the Inventory Product"?

I don't track inventory, but I do delete variants when they are out-of-stock, and then I re-generate variants when they are back in stock.

The bug fix changes:

Code:
                          <s id="js-additional-price" class="product-additional-price">&mvt:product:formatted_base_price;</s><span id="js-price-value" class="product-price" data-base-price="&mvt:product:price;">&mvt:product:formatted_price;</span>
                          to

Code:
                          <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:base_price GT l.settings:product:price">
                                          <s id="js-additional-price" class="product-additional-price">&mvt:product:formatted_base_price;</s>
                          </mvt:if>
                          <span id="js-price-value" class="product-price" data-base-price="&mvt:product:price;">&mvt:product:formatted_price;</span>
                          Last edited by gomblue; 05-21-16, 12:03 PM.
                          DiVino Theme

Comment

Support says it would work on DiVino if I eliminate variants, so it must be a problem with the DiVino theme?
                            DiVino Theme

Comment

It works now for some reason. I must have made a mistake.
                              DiVino Theme

Comment

Working...
                              X