Marketing Tools Volume Pricing Table on CTGY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing Tools Volume Pricing Table on CTGY

I just switched our site over from Bill's Volume Pricing module to using the built in tools.

I've always displayed the volume price table on CTGY. When I use the new module, even if I leave the volume pricing table empty on CTGY, it kills my page speed. The time to first byte goes from less than 1 second to 10 - 12 seconds. Having the table content added or not doesn't effect page loading. If I comment out or remove the volume table item, <mvt:item name="discount_volume" param="product:id" />, from the CTGY page it loads normally.

http://www.gpencil.com/category/golf-pencils-bulk.php

Has anyone else added the volume price table to CTGY? Having a similar issue?
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

I could see the volume pricing table adding some overhead to the category screen, especially when displaying across 50+ products at a time, but the 10-12 seconds seems excessive. I will have to test that display quantity on one of our dev stores to see if I get the same hang time.

Do you still have the Emporium Plus Volume Pricing module installed? Reason I ask is we recently ran into all sorts of conflicts with the stock and EP Volume Pricing module on the category page, if it is still present it may be a contibuting factor.

Comment

Thanks for looking into it Dan.

I did not have the same hang time when using the EP module. The page would load in about 2 - 3 seconds. If I remove the discount_volume item from the page it still loads in about 2 - 3 seconds. The EP module has been un-installed and all items have been removed.

Forgot to mention... I did change the number of products per page to 24 as a test and the hang time was proportionatly less, but still 6+ seconds.
      Last edited by Ron Frigon; 04-05-16, 09:11 AM. Reason: Additional Info
      Ron Frigon

Comment

I dumped 70 products into one of our dev stores (shared hosting / Iron & Wool theme) and applied a global volume price group, it brought load times for that category up from approx 1.5 seconds to 3. Now I didn't apply individual/absolute volume pricing as you have, that could be a contributing factor depending on how Miva loads those arrays. Any other logic or functions applied to the volume pricing table? Outside of that, be curious what Miva has to say on this one as the 10-12 seems a bit much based on my test.

Comment

Hey Ron,

I've certainly seen some issues with load time when a store has a very large number of price groups configured, but what I can tell from your store, you don't seem to have too many set up. I've taken a quick look at this with our support manager and a member of our software team. We would be interested in taking a deeper dive to see if we can find out what is causing the drastic jump in load times when using the native volume pricing table on CTGY. If you wouldn't mind submitting a support ticket to [email protected], we have some people on our end ready to look into this for you.

Thank you,
          - Joe Burton

Comment

Thanks Dan, I even tried using just the As Low As price and got the same results. Even tried leaving the entire Volume Pricing Table field empty. Now I do have a few volume "Price Groups" configured. All items on this page are assigned to one price group or another, with the same price levels.

Thank you Joe.

Already submitted a ticket: [MIVA #DZL-949-73291]: Marketing Tools Volume Pricing Table on CTGY

The volume price groups I have set up are using a Fixed Discount off of the product price. I have 15 different Price Groups total. This page has products from 4 different price groups. All but 3 items on the page are assigned to a group.
            Last edited by Ron Frigon; 04-05-16, 12:25 PM. Reason: Additional Info
            Ron Frigon

Comment

Working...
            X