noindexing on a /mm5/ page level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noindexing on a /mm5/ page level

Is there a way to noindexing on a /mm5/ page level?
    Stephen Scheer
    Digital Visuals

May I ask why as today there are very good reasons for not doing that.

Comment

Well I am working with a new SEO expert and that is what they recommended

We are all ready using rel=canonical tags but they wanted me to add the noindexing on a /mm5/ page level. Thoughts?
      Stephen Scheer
      Digital Visuals

Comment

Are your javascript, css and image resources in the /mm5 directory with your particular setup?
        http://www.miva.com/forums/forum/onl...712#post682712

Comment

Thanks Dan,
          I understand I don't wan't to block the javascript, css and image. I was told I should try somthing like
          <meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow,noodp,noydir"/> on the mm5 content pages
          would there be a way to add <meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow,noodp,noydir"/> just to the /mm5 product and category pages?
          Stephen Scheer
          Digital Visuals

Comment

That is horrible advice, don't do it. I highly recommed you get someone involved that knows the Miva platform and can look at the larger picture, in conjunction with your SEO expert's advice, so you don't get yourself in trouble.

Comment

Thanks Dan,
              If any one know of a SEO Experts with MIVA that get REAL results please let me know, I am on my Third SEO company in the last year and a half with 35k spent total and nothing to show for it yet.
              Stephen Scheer
              Digital Visuals

Comment

Bless your heart lickx! Too much money wasted. Look at some of the top posters on these forums, because some of them know and do SEO services and are very, very good at it, plus they know Miva inside out, so you'll be more likely to be satisfied with them. Glendale Designs, which replied to you above, do SEO...good place to start.
                Jamie Donaldson
                JSDVS Web Design / Development
                Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Working...
                X