Product and category codes as URI's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product and category codes as URI's?

How can I set it up so that the product and category codes are used for the URI's instead of the product and category names?

Do I need to manually change each URI? Or can I edit the Product URI Template and Category URI Template?

Thank you,
    Ben

Change the URI templates to use l.settings:category:slugified_code and l.settings:product:slugified_code. If you have already generated URIs, you will need to delete/regenerate. If your current URIs are live and have been indexed, you should inventory them and implement 301 redirects as needed.

Comment

Thanks Dan!
      We're not live yet, still in development. How exactly do I delete and regenerate the current URI's?

Thank you,
      Ben

Comment

Menu > URI Management > URIs, you can select and delete from here. The "Generate" button is towards the upper right, you can choose to just generate categories and products if you leave your page URIs intact.
        Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 04-15-16, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Excellent!
          Thanks Dan!!

Comment

I am trying to display a product's canonical category code in the URL using URI Management, but no luck. I want to replicate the Legacy SEO settings which display a link as:
            http://www.sitename.com/product/cate...oductcode.html

Comment

Working...
            X