CC with Simple Validation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC with Simple Validation Problem

We've been using the CC with Simple Validation module for a long time, but it has recently (since upgrading to Miva 9) developed an intermittent problem that has caused us to stop using it.

It sometimes rejects valid CC numbers, returning the normal invalid cc # message.

I've looked through the forum and seen previous posts with this issue, opened a support ticket with our host, none of which have had any results. This is something that is actually happening. I know that it is a simple mod10 test, and knowing that hasn't fixed anything.

We'd really like to use Simple Validation as many of our orders are modified or discounted after they are placed.

Has anyone had this problem recently and found a solution?

We are using Miva 9.00053,
    module version 9.0003

Thanks,

Mark

Whitechapel Ltd.

Hi Mark, just wanted to check that you're sure the number in question satisfies the Luhn / mod10 check and starts with 3, 4, 5, 6 dependent on Amex, Visa, MC, Disc enabling? If yes, we should probably get you directly in touch with one of our developers to reproduce and investigate.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

We just switched back to Simple Validation yesterday. My cards all seem to be working at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on it and keep testing.
      The problem is usually reported (or not) by customers who are having troubles placing orders, but I've had it myself with a valid debit card #

I'm mostly just checking if anyone out there had the problem/found a solution. Will pursue further if necessary.

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

We've been using Simple Validation for Years... What we found is that people forget, or miss, choosing the c.c. type. Then on the next page, OPAY, it's defaulted to AMEX. So when they enter their Visa number validation fails.

To get around this we changed the validation on All Card Types to; Allowable Prefixes: 4, 5, 6, 34, 37, Allowable Lengths: 13, 15, 16. Then it doesn't even matter what card type they choose. We don't care if they choose the right card type or not. We already know what it is by the card number they entered. Haven't had any problem since.
        Ron Frigon
        Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Excellent idea Ron, thanks.
          David Hubbard
          CIO
          Miva
          [email protected]
          http://www.miva.com

Comment

Great, creative solution Ron,
            I'll give it a shot, we are capable of figuring out what type of card it is when we run it.
            When building the site, I moved the credit card type selection to the OPAY page (because duh)
            It worked for years, and started failing with the Miva 9 update.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Cheers! Mark. Hope it helps.
              Ron Frigon
              Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Thanks Ron!

Comment

Working...
                X