Discount Pricing & Description on Category Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount Pricing & Description on Category Page

We have successfully implemented discount strike thru pricing and discount descriptions on our product display page, basket page and invoice pages. However, have not been able to do this on our category pages. Miva Merchant 9.00053, MMUI, Sebenza Product and Category Templates. Have tried all coding that we have come across on the forums with no luck. We tried making the Sebenza Cat Template inactive and can not get this to work in the native Miva category pages. Checked all combinations in point and click mode yet with no success. No problems on the Products Page Templates. Has anyone had any experience with this that may be helpful for us?

I've done this by using custom product fields, but I think the answer to this depends on how the discount descriptions and strikes are handled on the product pages. Because you might be using the discounting in the built-in Miva marketing price groups. With the custom fields, I have a field set up for "List Price" and the only thing that goes in there is a number. No $ sign. Then, using toolkit to do the math "if custom field List price is greater than product price, do this...."

Then I also have a custom field I call "Promo Type" and it has a selection menu for the types of promos we might be running. Clearance, Special Buy, Monthly Featured, etc. Then, similar to the condition above, "if custom field Promo Type is xxx, then drop in this message yyy." And so on. Make sense?

For what it's worth, you might be better served to spend the time transitioning your custom Sebenza templates to custom pages within Miva. Then customizations like this one have better chance of working out the way you want with fewer headaches. I begrudgingly did that a long time ago, but I can tell you it's been well worth the effort.
    Last edited by Mark Stephens; 05-02-16, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Are you trying to add the new functionality to the Sebenza templates?
      Last edited by PCINET - Andreas; 05-02-16, 07:36 AM.
      Andreas Toman
      PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
      We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
      Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
      web: www.pcinet.com
      LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
      phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Mark, I am using the discounting with the built in marketing/price groups features. As I mentioned, I had no problem doing this on the product display page using Sebenza Page Templates. The weird thing is that if I take out the Sebenza Cat Template module I still cannot get the Miva Cat page to display the discount strike thru pricing and description.

Andreas, yes that is what i am trying to accomplish. It works on the product page with Sebenza Product Templates, just not on the Cat Template or the the Miva cat pages.

Comment

If you are working with Product Custom Fields, you can only access them automatically in the category Product List template, and even then, you have to be sure the Custom Fields are selected and you use the correct variable expression.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks for everyone's replies. All I'm trying to do is get this;

Price:
            <mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:base_price GT l.settings:product:price">
            <strike>&mvt:product:formatted_base_price;</strike>
            </mvt:if>
            <b>&mvt:product:formatted_price;</b><br>
            <mvt:foreach iterator="discount" array="product:discounts">
            <i>&mvt:discount:descrip;: &mvt:discount:formatted_discount;</i><br>
            </mvt:foreach>

to work in the Sebenza Cat Templates. I guess it can't be done.

Comment

...i wouldn't bet on getting anything done with the sebenza cat templates...why are you still using them? You can easily just use a standard CTGY page, name it something else, and include that page as the categories Alternate Layout setting.
              Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

I hear you Bruce. Up until now it did everything I needed it to do and was so much easier to use for us non-developer types. Thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

Understand, its not obvious what that "alternate display page" thing is for...but once explained...

Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                  X