Restricting Qualifying Weight Causes Coupon to Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricting Qualifying Weight Causes Coupon to Fail

As a way to excluded Gift Cards from being eligible for coupon discounts, I created a Qualifying Weight Restriction for our Price Group that would exclude weights below 0.02.

The Physical Gift Card is assigned a weight of 0.01 and our Electronic Gift Cards are assigned a weight of 0.00 (less than any other products in the store.) My logic was that if I made the Qualifying Weight 0.02 and higher then only the other products that weighed more than .02 (all other products) would be eligible.

When I assign the Qualifying Weight however the coupon fails and give a "Your basket is not eligible for the specified coupon." message. The coupon will work again once I remove the restriction.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I've attached a screenshot of the Price Group settings.
    Thanks.

**Edit: I've tried several times to upload file / image at full size, but they only seem to upload a thumbnails. Essentially, what the settings show is the following:

Eligibility: Coupon Only
    Type: Basket Discount
    Discount: 10%
    Restrict to Qualifying Weight: 0.02 - 0.00 (no upper limit.) I also tried with an upper weight of 500.

Attached Files
    Last edited by delcorsets; 05-25-16, 06:25 AM.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

The qualifying restrictions only apply to products you had assigned under qualifying products. These are the products that must be in the cart for you to qualify for the discount. I think in your case you don't want any qualifying products.

Try changing the qualifying weight to a basket weight. This will look at all the items in your basket and if they are less that .02 restrict them from using the coupon.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that Brennan.

In that case, is there any way to restrict particular products (without having to assign ALL products and then un-assign ineligible products) or apply restrictions to the basket that could prevent coupons from being assigned to gift cards?

Thanks.
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
      X