Remove Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Module

I have looked at a module 'item' in the User Interface and it is not assigned to any pages when viewing the 'Pages' tab. When I try and remove it, I get the usual popup saying it cannot be removed. If I make it inactive in the Modules menu, is that the same functionality as removing it.

The check-box in 'Store Settings' is unchecked regarding removing modules. Do I have to use this method?

Thanks
    Doak Heggeness
    Web Developer | Certified Miva Merchant Developer

doakh,

Are you able to delete the item and then try to remove it?

Wayne
    Wayne Smith

Comment

Are you referring......
      1) Delete from the Modules section first ( inactive now ) ..... then
      2) Remove from Shipping section in my case

I have unassigned the item from the only page it was on.
      Last edited by doakh; 07-12-16, 06:05 PM.
      Doak Heggeness

Comment

Originally posted by doakh View Post
        When I try and remove it, I get the usual popup saying it cannot be removed. If I make it inactive in the Modules menu, is that the same functionality as removing it.

Thanks
        You need to make sure that you unassign the item from the pages first. Then you can delete it. The error should give you more information on why it cannot removed. Technically, deactivating it takes it out of play but it can make for messy page templates if that is done to a lot of modules instead of removing them completely.

Jim McCormick
        Miva Merchant Support
        866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

I tried to delete it on the Modules section, but got an error 'saying it is in use by one or more stores'. When I attempt to remove it from the Shipping section, I get the error (see attached).
          1) I have deleted all the orders
          3) It is not assigned to any pages.
          3) Do I need to uncheck the 'Allow Modules Used by Store Morph Items to be Uninstalled' in Store Settings?
          Doak Heggeness

Comment

I tried to delete it on the Modules section, but got an error 'saying it is in use by one or more stores'. When I attempt to remove it from the Shipping section, I get the error (see attached).
            1) I have deleted all the orders
            3) It is not assigned to any pages.
            3) Do I need to uncheck the 'Allow Modules Used by Store Morph Items to be Uninstalled' in Store Settings?
            Take a look at that message. It is telling you that the item exists and it is not assigned to any pages. Go into User Interface -> Items and delete the item. You unassigned the item from the pages but left the item in place.

Jim McCormick
            Miva Merchant Support
            866-284-9812

Comment

I deleted from Items nut I am unable to delete it. I think I will submit a ticket. Thanks for your help Jim.
              Doak Heggeness

Comment

I deleted from Items nut I am unable to delete it. I think I will submit a ticket. Thanks for your help Jim.
                PM me your ticket number and I can take a look.

Jim McCormick
                Miva Merchant Support
                866-284-9812

Comment

Working...
                X