Weight Shows In Customer Order Confirmation Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Shows In Customer Order Confirmation Email

I have a client that has the weight showing as part of the "order:charges" loop. He doesn't want it to show, but I'm having a hard time coming up with the logic because I can't isolate the proper item. I have tried if/else using various things I see in the token list, but none stop it from showing. I see.....

g.totalweight, but creating an if/else for that didn't stop it from showing, nor did variations of the logic I used.

I also see all of the charge variables available, but none pertain to the stupid total weight that shows.

Any ideas on how I can kill this weight from showing in that email? It doesn't show anywhere else. Not on the invoice page, not on the printable invoice. Just in the order confirmation email that goes out.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

1) weight isn't a standard field in the order templates. 2) if it was, it wouldn't be in the charges table....so, you'll need see if the site is creating some sort of upcharge for weight and what its type is. Try evaluating &mvt:charge:descrip;:&mvt:charge:type in the order charges loop and see if any pops up.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I've never noticed a weight in the customer order notification. I do see a "total weight" global variable on the token list for that page, but an attempt to manipulate, or stop it via the loop failed. It ignored my logic. I tried the simple....

<mvt:if expr="g.totalweight"><mvt:else>stuff here</mvt:if>

.....but that and other variations didn't throw anything up. I'll keep playing with it.

Also, I did try to use the charge description, hoping I could say if it equals "this" to not show it, but that didn't work either. I think you're right and figuring the charge type out is my best bet.
      Ted Hust
      AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Oddly enough, I still haven't figured out why this weight is even showing in the email. Other clients do not have this included. There is nothing in the template specifically adding it. Have you seen the weight appear in this email before Bruce? It shows nowhere else on any areas of checkout, not even on the final invoice page. It doesn't show in the order summary either in the front or backend either. Only in this email. I can't find a setting or anything that tells it to show, or not show, I see no mods. Nothing.
        Ted Hust
        AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

OK, scrap all of this. I'm an idiot, and see that the order weight was in fact being drawn in separately from the base template. I was playing with the order contents wondering why it wasn't going away as I assumed some of the above fixes should have worked in blocking it. I'm going to try and delete this thread as it serves no purpose. It was apparently just a rough week last week :)
          Ted Hust
          AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Working...
          X