Miva volume pricing behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva volume pricing behavior

I'm switching over to using Miva's built-in volume pricing system, which so far is working ok, but I have one question.

I noticed that if I set a volume price for "all shoppers", and Miva's base price is lower than all the volume prices, the customers are always shown Miva's base price. However if I set the same volume price to be for "all logged in customers", Miva completely ignores the base price and only uses the volume prices.

Can I make the "all shoppers" setup behave the same way? Basically if there's an applicable volume price, I always want it to override the base price, regardless of whether the base price is cheaper or not.

I'm thinking a work-around would be to set Miva's base price to something ridiculous like $999,999, but is there a less hacky way?

My other settings are:

Type: Volume Pricing
    Grouping: Same Product
    Pricing Method: Apply Single Pricing Table Entry Using Total Quantity
    Pricing Table: blank in the price group itself, populated on each individual item, individual items use Type: Absolute
    Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

We did find a bug related to this which will get fixed.

"With the PROD page set to display the sale price only, the retail price is still displayed when absolute volume pricing is used for the discount but sets the price higher than the retail price."

Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Brennan, as I did more testing this afternoon I realized I was wrong about the all shoppers / logged in customers thing - it doesn't seem to matter which is chosen. For now I just set the price to 999,999 to get around it.
      Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

Working...
      X