Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there seperate states lists for ship to & bill to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there seperate states lists for ship to & bill to?

In our CSSUI store, on the customer info pages (ACAD, ACED, etc.) there is reference to Customer_ShipStateSelect and Customer_BillStateSelect. This seems to imply that there are separate state lists for ship to and bill to. We would like to have that functionality as we ship only to US but bill both to US & Canada.In admin I cannot find anyway to distinguish between ship to state and bill to states. What am I missing?
    Cheers, Larry
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

The data for the lists are the same, the function (and therefore the Item calls) are different to support the difference of required/hidden/option between the two.

To ship only US, simply hard code the US value.

BTW: I see no real logic for allowing a US based shipment to be paid with with foreign funds. It's like offering unwrapped trash to a Racoon in terms of fraud.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Bruce: This is a special case need for us. We don't ship to Canada. But we have Canadian customers (so we would like Canadian provinces in bill to but not the ship to) who ship to a US border address and cross the border to pick up product. i.e. no tariff fees. Not common but it happens.
      Larry
      Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

We have a similar situation. We have many customers in countries that we can't ship to who want to purchase products and have them sent to family members in countries that we CAN ship to. I've never gotten any answers in the forums as to the best way to set this up, so I had to "hard code" the Ship To country list. This is a bit inelegant but it works for the most part so far.

Comment

srmb:
          We've done the same on ship to country and also on bill to states.
          Would be nice if Miva had separate lists for both country & state.
          Larry
          Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Is 'hard coding' the Bill To state list and country list still the only way to have different states/countries show under Billing vs Shipping?

Comment

Yup.But you could simplify the work by getting something like CYT from Interactive Solutions (http://www.southbound.com/). Create one for each of the drop downs so you only have maintain one set of lists for each area (otherwise you'd need at least 4 separate listings for each of the pages that use state/country.
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                X