Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    Its common for ALL sites.
    Bruce, thanks for chiming in. I was not aware of this.

However, our data usage from our MIva store via HTTP traffic went from (historically dating back 7 years) from 20 GB per month to over 100 GB data traffic per month without any substantial increase in traffic from visitors.

I already ruled out a theme change as an uptick on the data usage. I cannot seem to pinpoint what is causing the data leak. I will keep on digging into the web statistics.
    Carlos Rivera - Web Developer
    Haddrell's Point Tackle - haddrellspoint.com

Comment

When I said 'common for all sites' I meant all 'comparable' sites. I.e., any 'modern-responsive design' site. To your point. I don't think your numbers are off much. Responsive sites can require more data to load, and considering the number of "must have features" sites "need" to day, it wouldn't surprise me if your average page size (you are running about 1.8MB per page) is larger than the previous site version. Just checking a few older MM5 sites show page sizes in the 500 K range.

But again, this isn't an effect of Miva M9 as much as its an effect of the demand for things like large banner graphics, slideshows, model dialog and such. (I specifically looked an plain vanilla mm5 CCSUI sites.)

There might be some trimming that can be applied to the overall page weight, but if you are really concerned with lowering transfer limits, probably should consider moving resources to something like AWS (Amazon Web Services). You can get a couple of gigabits of data transfer for just a few bucks a month.

Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce, I truly appreciate your interference and advice. I was thinking along the same lines, however, I am looking close at my data just to make sure I know what the baseline is. Thanks again for your time!
        Carlos Rivera - Web Developer
        Haddrell's Point Tackle - haddrellspoint.com

Comment

Working...
        X